• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Requiem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I mean that it should be fun if you actully did it because then this project could be completed.

Level 24
It truelly looks awesome how comes everyone alweys think you can't do things beter and you alweys prove us wrong Goris.

Level 4
So... wanna update? ;D

New weapon:

Crack%20Hammer.jpg
Crack Hammer
Two-Handed melee weapon

It can be improved by including additional elements, increasing its weight.
Heavy hammer. It can be used for splitting heavy rocks into smaller stones, which you can throw.

Can be repaired
Upgradeable
Crafted Item

Damage (Melee): 20
Armor Penetration: 12.5
Max Range: Melee
Durability: 100 (Basic: 100)
Attack Speed: Very low
Critical hit chance: Very Low
Special abilities: Stun (9%), Knockback (3%)

And Journal System. Of course, text is an example. ;)

Untitled-3.jpg

LOL%20HOW.jpg

And new signature. xD

rEQUIEM23.gif

[URL=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/requiem-192294/][IMG]http://www.picshot.pl/pfiles/102751/rEQUIEM23.gif[/IMG][/URL]

And still animator needed. -_-

Last edited:
Level 24
So... wanna update? ;D

New weapon:

Crack%20Hammer.jpg
Crack Hammer
Two-Handed melee weapon

It can be improved by including additional elements, increasing its weight.
Heavy hammer. It can be used for splitting heavy rocks into smaller stones, which you can throw.

Can be repaired
Upgradeable
Crafted Item

Damage (Melee): 20
Armor Penetration: 12.5
Max Range: Melee
Durability: 100 (Basic: 100)
Attack Speed: Very low
Critical hit chance: Very Low
Special abilities: Stun (9%), Knockback (3%)

And Journal System. Of course, text is an example. ;)

Untitled-3.jpg

LOL%20HOW.jpg

And new signature. xD

rEQUIEM23.gif

[URL=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/requiem-192294/][IMG]http://www.picshot.pl/pfiles/102751/rEQUIEM23.gif[/IMG][/URL]

And still animator needed. -_-

I think I'm in love. Honestly I love the journal system you clearly state what is what by adding diffrent colours diffrent sizes and having the text on diffrent pages.

And for the hammer I think it's a perfect model and the stats are perfect even though it seems like in reality there would be a higher chanse of getting knockbacked then stunned.

The signature is perfect it really catches your attention with the spinning weel and has text that really grabs the readers attention and increases the likelyhood of him/her actully going to check out the project.

Level 4
HOLY CRAP
This is unbelievable!!!!
:goblin_jawdrop:

Now that I know this I'm gonna follow this map till it finished.

Level 7
Very good graphics part of the project. However, I am afraid that you will make a very limited world in terms of additional quests.:ogre_icwydt:

Level 4
PUVer said:
However, I am afraid that you will make a very limited world in terms of additional quests.

Actually this map is a prologue to something larger what perhaps will come into existence on the SC2 engine.

The main purpose here is imposed what makes the plot a little linearity.
I don't know exactly what you mean, saying, "very limited". In the end it is possible to complete quests in more than one way. And it is not necessary to complete them in the right order.

Level 4
Ein über alle Maßen beeindruckendes Machwerk. Das könnte durchaus ein Großprojekt werden, von dem man noch lange Zeit reden wird. Ihr scheint wirklich über enormes Potenzial zu verfügen. Wir sind auf seine fertigstellung gespannt.

My little german skills allowed me understand the message. Herzlichen Dank. :)

--------------------

Last update was a long time ago. Probably I will prepare something in the near future. Anyway, I am still seeking model animator. -_-

Level 1
Well... When I've read all the forum about your project, I have something to ask about and another things to say you. Let's begin: Goris, you're the best mapmaker I've ever saw. Will you marry me? - That's just joke, really I wanted to ask this thing: Why only 15 quests? I think you're capable to do much more. And... I know you won't do it, but don't leave WC3... it will die without such a girl... And sorry my bad English, my language is Russian =) Hope you're okay and... Your's avatar is a photo of yours, isn't it? If it is you're so pretty.. And if not you're pretty too =D
And you can make this map not only prologue to the main part. You can just enlarge it.

Level 4
I wanted to ask this thing: Why only 15 quests? I think you're capable to do much more.

15 quests seem to be little, but to accomplish each of them, you'll have to to spend a lot of time, because they are more complex than "kill and bring", and very much connected with the plot. Don't worry, it will be good. :)

And... I know you won't do it, but don't leave WC3... it will die without such a girl... And sorry my bad English, my language is Russian =)

Oh, you are so cute <3. Well, I am 22 now. My work is giving me much of free time to do bits and bobs like mapmaking. ;D But someday it will end.

Anyway, I won't leave Wc3. But Requiem (2) will come out on SC2 or on Unity3d for sure.

Your's avatar is a photo of yours, isn't it? If it is you're so pretty.. And if not you're pretty too =D

Well, in real I don't have such a clean skin, but yes. =)

And you can make this map not only prologue to the main part. You can just enlarge it.

I think, Wc3 engine is too weak to enlarge it. The game will be overfilled with riddles, symbols and unexplained stories.
Most of their meaning you'll get to know in continuations. (If they come). The main places in prologue will also appear in continuation.

Last edited:
Level 16
Well... When I've read all the forum about your project, I have something to ask about and another things to say you. Let's begin: Goris, you're the best mapmaker I've ever saw. Will you marry me? - That's just joke, really I wanted to ask this thing: Why only 15 quests? I think you're capable to do much more. And... I know you won't do it, but don't leave WC3... it will die without such a girl... And sorry my bad English, my language is Russian =) Hope you're okay and... Your's avatar is a photo of yours, isn't it? If it is you're so pretty.. And if not you're pretty too =D

Such win.
:D

Level 24
It's been awhile since we've seen an update Goris and even though waiting is alweys frustrating it also manages to peak my interest.

Level 4
Some new screens. Earlier models were blured in dark background. I think now characters are more evident. The new model of fog/dust is giving a interesting effect with spiderweb and other blend-material models.

dusth.jpg

Unfortunately I have lack of animations, so our character is reacting at the sight of the zombie like in the picture. :D

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

So, Goris, did you learn how do model and texture at a school or did you just wing it and learn from the internet?

Level 16
What? Are they teaching it at school? :D
Nah... I am self-taught.

Of course it's taught in schools. One of my team members currently attends to a school where they only learn artistic (2D/3D) things and programming.

Everyone who wants to work as a game designer has to learn it somehow and pick it up, learning everything on the e-net is just unreliable.

Level 14
I wonder if there's a specific course for these kinds of skill in our country... I'm always envious of those people who actually study game making in their school...

anyway, I really like the work that Goris have done up so far... It's really good and shows how much we can use up the wc3 engine... :)

The wc3 engine is probably completely missing in this one, considering the amount of work exported in the map. ^^

Level 1
Well if you say so... But remember! You owe me 15 interesting and exciting quests. Also you've made me smile)
And here's something for others: Если вы это переводите, значит вам нечего делать! А Goris - красотка :D

Level 24
I think that Goris already has given much more then she owes anyone and I really hope to see what awesomeness she has in store for us.

Level 24
As it has been mentioned in multiple occations Goris don't know and that your guess would be as good as hers.

Status
Not open for further replies.