• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Request for terrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Is there any software like terrain randomizer or something ? It would randomly create the terrain on the map, and i set the map size to largest.
Any help ?

Level 13
There is no way to do a random terrain and using normally WE largest map size is 256x256 using something like jass pack can make it 480x480 i think but you cannot randomize a terrain.

Level 13
Yes well i stand corrected then but now find a easy way darkhorse one were you just push a button and its random.

Level 9
There is no way to do a random terrain and using normally WE largest map size is 256x256 using something like jass pack can make it 480x480 i think but you cannot randomize a terrain.

This is not correct.
In fact, there is a map that builds itself by random placing titles, doodads, etc.
I just don't have the link. Anyway...maybe you can find it in "Spells"

I made a Maze Randomizer a LONG time ago and put it up in the spells, It never got approved since it was when the admins were very inactive and It got deleted with the map purge a while ago. I'm pretty sure its leakless but I havent looked at it in a while, anyways Ill post it up here for ya to get an idea:

Oh if this is the one where the whole maps tiles change I should warn you that you can only have so many tile types on a map at once even though you can place them via triggers, if you get so many different tiles at once it just kinda replaces some tiles with the next likely candidate, like changing snow into grass to fit with the max already there.

hmmm, Maybe I should think about reworking this and submitting it to the spell section.

-Idk if this is what you were talking about sadvisor but yeah heres an example nevertheless

BTW, the Clanbom.net reference is old and that site no longer works
-I set defaults so contrary to what it says inputting all values shouldnt be necassary
You might want to screw around with the values since the defaults don't make a very good looking maze, try setting some stuff to the max

Attachments

• Wherewolfs Random Maze Generator v2.w3x
    55.8 KB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.