• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Rise Of Civilization New terrain BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
WELCOME

Feel free to compare my terrain for the map(not finished yet) with the old terrain for the map.
COMMENTS are welcomed .

NOTE: The terrain wasnt screenshoot for any art purpose. It was screenshoot to show the improvment made on the terrain of the map .
NOTE 2: My terrain isnt yet finished and can be polished more so any helpful comment will help me in the finishing of the terrain .

Attachments

• 1 NEW.jpg
    1 NEW.jpg
    763.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 1 OLD.jpg
    1 OLD.jpg
    975.8 KB · Views: 174
  • 5 NEW.jpg
    5 NEW.jpg
    652.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 5 OLD.jpg
    5 OLD.jpg
    994.9 KB · Views: 181
  • 7 NEW.jpg
    7 NEW.jpg
    754 KB · Views: 148
  • 7 OLD.jpg
    7 OLD.jpg
    975.5 KB · Views: 130
Level 4
Not bad for your kind of map but maybe place some junk / barrels / crates and some grass :)

Level 18
To be honest even for a map like this the terrain is terrible and unrealistic trees that stand on stone? and almost zero tile variation? and evrything is very flat your terrain looks very boring. i would advice to make your terrains more alive like putting som shrubs and stones and using som height variation and more tile variation.

Level 3
it looks like you are trying to make a the map a little more gloomy. But that could just be me.

I would also go for doodads, and maybe add some randomness to the terrain in the forest areas, try and look random when placng things, instead of uniform as if a person actually put it there, it should look as if nature intended it to look that way

Status
Not open for further replies.