• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Request] AoS Hero AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello,

I'm not quite sure how to request this, but some AoS style maps have Hero AI's. I'm wondering if someone can make me one, and I have a question about it. Is it all triggers? Or do you use the Wc3 AI Editor? I want it with either of those, seeing how I do not understand Jass / vJass or have the proper plug-ins to use those scripts.

Anyways, if someone could make me one that is easily edited (AI Template is fine too.) it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks and +rep.

Level 8
Well, thanks for the link, however, that does not help me with what I am trying to achieve.

http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=79638

This is pretty much what I need, I just don't know JASS.

Also, whenever I try to implement JASS items into my map, it causes my map to go corrupt. I believe it's because I need a program, script or something implemented into my Wc3 Dir, in order to get JASS and vJASS to work, am I incorrect?

If someone can assist me with my JASS map problems, I'll learn that AI tutorial and have what I need, I learn quickly, I just don't have the resources to learn.

Thanks, though.

Level 16
Level 8
Thank you. I will start my work on that AI tutorial, if I can't learn it, I'll post here again.

Edit: I keep getting errors and my computer continues to crash while I edit triggers and such with JASS. My computer is buggy as it is, I'm not going to mess with JASS stuff right now. So I will continue to look for someone nice enough to help me. Thanks though.

Last edited:
Level 8
Well, I have tried making an AI with the Warcraft AI Editor. I use the trigger, "AI - Start Melee AI Script" with my custom imported AI. At first, it would seem to work, the hero would move to where I have told him to, he would use his first spell then run back to where he spawned and just sit there. So, I tried doing the, "AI - Start Campaign AI Script" He just moves to where I ordered him to and attacks. He doesn't use any spells. I have concluded that the Warcraft III AI Editor cannot do what I want, I have tried to mess around with the triggers and have had no luck.

So, basically, I am still requesting help with an AI for the AoS-Style map. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.