• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI Script: Shooting type of game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Ive been searching for AI scripts in the hive and i found some for melee maps and aos type maps. which have a lot of features in it. however my map is a minigame & shooting map.

im looking for the AI script of the game Archers. but i guess i wont be having any luck for that. so i decided to post a thread so hopefully someone can create an AI script which i needed.

1. 3 Levels of AI, Easy Normal and Hard
Every Level improves AI's Accuracy in using skills, dodging enemy skills/projectile and reduces delay before use of skill.
-> btw, there is only 1 skill and 1 level

2. After using the abilty, AI runs in a random direction. because it wont be any fun hitting a non moving target.
-> Hard AI uses a hit and run method

3. If enemy hero goes out of AI's Hero range of visibilty
-> Normal and Hard AI tries to figure out where the enemy hero is and uses a skill.

4. AI hits random areas if no enemy hero is found (range of visibility) in a given of time.

so i guess that's for the major part. you can add more features to make it more challenging (like retreat if outnumbered and focus on single enemy).

but here is the list of things i do NOT need
- buys an item, gets an item, uses an item
- defend base ( my game doesnt use any base )
- regroup ( my game has only 1 unit per user to control this can be added to feature if you are trying to regroup AI from other AI/User's unit, I suggest to add this only on Hard difficulty )

if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.