• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Removing the Worker classification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Ok guys, I'm really bogged down on this. To disable the auto-attack of a unit, I added the Worker classification to it through the Object Editor. However, when the AI controls this unit, it doesn't attack any enemy unit even by ordering this through triggers. I need to remove the Worker classification from this unit if it is controlled by the AI but I have no idea how to do that (and no, I won't create a copy of the unit, it would force me to reconfigure too many intricate triggers so that's the last resort). If that's impossible, is there another way to disable auto-attack that doesn't require complicated triggers?

Level 25
You do have "Unit - Remove Classification from unit" in the trigger editor, could you play around with it?

I guess the "A peon type unit" could be related to Orc Burrows, but could also be linked to workers.

Maybe open it open with jass and check what it does etc.

Level 21
You do have "Unit - Remove Classification from unit" in the trigger editor, could you play around with it?

I guess the "A peon type unit" could be related to Orc Burrows, but could also be linked to workers.

Maybe open it open with jass and check what it does etc.

My JASS knowledge is 0...
I also thought of using peon-type but since I had no more time to test it, I preferred asking.

Arad, what am I supposed to do with a DDS?

Level 12
There is definitely a trigger action that can add a unit classification.

I know I've added worker classification to units before. It was when I was a total noob at the editor and I was basically just trying to have a way to mark units as being tagged by some ability. I was using various unit classes and worker was one of them. I had to fix it because it changed attack priority for other units and it most likely also would have made other, strange bugs.

In any case, I know it exists, but I don't remember what it's called.

Level 21
No permanent invisiblity or stuff... LordDz and I were correct from the principle. Removing "A peon-type" works perfectly, I guess my indolence made me ask this useless question here :p Thanks for your answers anyway :wink:
I still have problems with this one though... it's still unsolved. Setting it to any value between 0.00 to 0.10 doesn't seem to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.