• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] [Reforged] Transition from Birth to Stand animation easily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi guys,

I have a “nice to solve” problem for which I didn’t find a solution yet.

When forcing an animation on a unit, for example birth, the unit “freezes” as soon as the birth animation ends (it gets unfrozen when you give it an order though).

You can prevent the freeze by resetting the unit’s animation after the birth animation ends, but that would require quite a lot of triggers I assume (as you would need to keep track when a unit got forced to play an animation, wait precisely the animation’s duration, and then reset this particular unit’s animation).

Thus: Is there an easy way to reset the animation after e.g. birth and prevent the freezing?

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
This is not a problem unique to birth.

All animations freeze at the end when forced by triggers. I have not heard of any workaround beyond using a delay and then resetting the animation.

I will say that it is not that annoying in wurst specifically.
upload_2020-10-3_22-53-45.png

It is a pain in gui and jass tho. vJass has callbacks you might use cleverly, and I dont know about lua

edit: you might make it work GUI waits but they are inaccurate. Up to 0.27 seconds is a number I believe has been floating around.

edit2: vjass hooks might be a really nice solution when I think about it

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
As I said, I am 99% certain it adds ONE animation to the queue. Then it freezes again.

edit: can confirm.
I used the following triggers to test.
  • init
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Animation - Play Knight 0000 <gen>'s Attack 1 animation
  • esc
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Animation - Queue Knight 0000 <gen>'s Attack 1 animation

Last edited:
Level 21
still, if you queue the stand animation after forcing the birth animation (for example with uprooted treants) that will unfreeze their animation

because like i said, stand is a looping animation which does not need to be ordered repeatedly

Status
Not open for further replies.