• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Red Dawn - In Development (April 26th)

Level 8
April 26th
Well, since my partner refuses to abandon the project, we will continue working and see what happens. The truth is that this is much more difficult than I imagined and I am no longer as clear as I was at the beginning. Now I value all the content in this forum and the work of the authors much more.

Red Dawn - New Playable Demo of Act I (April 13th)
- DOWNLOAD HERE -
I am aware that some lines of dialogue are not well intoned and do not look good, this will be reviewed little by little and those that are necessary will be redone.
Red Dawn - A Custom Campaign by Wind Rose & Resyak
Hello everyone, this is a joint project that Resyak and I are doing. This is intended to be the first chapter of a campaign outside of the original WarCraft 3 lore. I have been inspired by the original human campaign from Reign of Chaos and some Warhammer 40k stories. The voices have been created with AI (ElevenLabs) and although they don't always sound quite right, I think it's acceptable. I hope you enjoy it although I know it is something very simple.

Requires version 1.31.1

Red Dawn - Chapter One (Demo)

- This demo will not be part of the final campaign -
Thanks to all the authors of the models and icons, you're fantastic:

Ilya Alaric
assasin_lord
Vinz
Darkfang
johnwar
ChevronSeven
PROXY
Himperion
CRAZYRUSSIAN
The Panda
Eagle XI
bakr
Ujimasa Hojo
tillinghast
Kuhneghetz
Rhapsodie
- Update August 26, 2023: This is the current state of the campaign map that will contain all the chapters, we are going slowly but little by little it is taking form.
001.png

002.png

003.png

004.png

005.png

006.png
- Update November 14, 2023: We are going very slowly because we don't have much free time to dedicate to it, but little by little we are moving forward with the project.
007.png

008.png

009.png
- Update November 20, 2023: Little by little we have moved a little faster again in recent weeks, this is how the map currently looks.
011.png
- Update November 23, 2023:
012.png
Update December 2, 2023 - Distribution of chapters on the map
023.png
Update December 8, 2023 - Latest Image Pack
024.png

025.png

026.png

027.png

028.png

029.png

030.png

031.png

032.png

033.png

034.png

035.png

Attachments

• 022.png
    022.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 186
  • WARD.w3x
    15.8 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Level 23
interesting campaign, but very strange balance it has. So some units and researches cost much more wood then gold and reverse.
We're looking for a different balance of resources, but as Wind Rose said, we're still testing. We may also end up changing the wood harvest values of humans.

Regards.

Level 5
There is some nice potential here. The story got me interested from the start. It's nice to see full fledge paladins as regular units, tho I feel they will make certain missions pretty trivial once you get all their abilities. Having the campaigned voiced was a nice addition, you got a pretty good voice for Lionel.

But there are somethings that pop off while playing.

Helena's Q and W feel very weak, her R ability feels very powerful.

The name of the elven building is Barrack, the same as the human one, not a big deal but might become a little confusing.

Maybe it's just my soviet tactics of playing RTS games but it really feels like the orcs are a little tougher than they should be.

I'll be keeping an eye on this project.

Level 8
There is some nice potential here. The story got me interested from the start. It's nice to see full fledge paladins as regular units, tho I feel they will make certain missions pretty trivial once you get all their abilities. Having the campaigned voiced was a nice addition, you got a pretty good voice for Lionel.

But there are somethings that pop off while playing.

Helena's Q and W feel very weak, her R ability feels very powerful.

The name of the elven building is Barrack, the same as the human one, not a big deal but might become a little confusing.

Maybe it's just my soviet tactics of playing RTS games but it really feels like the orcs are a little tougher than they should be.

I'll be keeping an eye on this project.
Thank you very much for commenting, it helps us to improve :peasant-grin:

And indeed, the orcs are a little stronger than they originally are and also, they still lack a lot, units, balance, models, names (like the barracks). The human faction is more advanced but the orcs still have a long way to go, so for that part, it will improve a lot.

We've also thought about paladins being really strong, but we'll find a way to balance them out so they don't break the game.

We'll try to show some more of the campaign as soon as we can.

Level 7
casters doing lots of damge only 2 food and they got great abilities maybe nerf them a little the first chapter was short but maybe that's me the skins are a marvel gives a unique world feeling looks very promising if you can develop more maps and the story this could be amazing looking forward to more keep the good work thumbs up

Level 8
casters doing lots of damge only 2 food and they got great abilities maybe nerf them a little the first chapter was short but maybe that's me the skins are a marvel gives a unique world feeling looks very promising if you can develop more maps and the story this could be amazing looking forward to more keep the good work thumbs up
We wanted to give magic units more power, magic damage on original units is very limited. What if we are going to lower is the damage of the healers and we will be balancing.

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it :peasant-grin:

Level 7
wanted to add, it worked smoothe as butter! the custom tech tree , hero spells etc were a great eye candy and a challenge. the AI voice over was decent too. keep it up, no bugs to report either. i look foward to what ever you plan next ;)

Level 8
This weekend, between April 13 and 14, I will upload a new playable demo that will include the first act (each act includes what were initially two chapters). We have made many changes to the structure of the campaign, seeking a gameplay that is most enjoyable and pleasant as possible that is compatible with the story I want to tell. This has lengthened development but I think it will be worth it in the end.

Level 23
My partner has let herself get carried away with frustration, the project will take longer and there will not be much progress in the short term, but we are not going to abandon it.

Regards.
That's sad to hear! I think that sometimes you need to refresh yourself, to lift away the pressure of idea-factoring...
Looking forward to share some walkthrough of your project on my humble channel, and sharing my humble opinion about it! :p

Level 8
That's sad to hear! I think that sometimes you need to refresh yourself, to lift away the pressure of idea-factoring...
Looking forward to share some walkthrough of your project on my humble channel, and sharing my humble opinion about it! :p
We will continue working, the truth is, I didn't think it would be so difficult and take so much time. It's the first time I've run a campaign and I reached a point where it seemed like everything was failing... Hence my discouragement.

Level 23
We will continue working, the truth is, I didn't think it would be so difficult and take so much time. It's the first time I've run a campaign and I reached a point where it seemed like everything was failing... Hence my discouragement.
Just don't give up. And you shall overcome any problems you stumble on.
I find myself stuck in some projects, but instantly get another idea and work over a new one as refreshment and continue working on frustration after lifting unease.
As far as I played, I liked it and I can say that those riddles in the cavern were a bit fast to acknowledge. But in general it was smooth experience, I liked it!