• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Dawn of Battle : Looking for AI whiz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello folks. I made an AoS style map some time ago, The Dawn of Battle (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/dawn-battle-aos-v2-2-a-129642/) and posted it both here and on some other WC3 map sites, and have since that time received a great deal of mail with people asking for AI. I love the idea, but the map is admittedly not wildly popular on Battle Net, like many worthy maps. A fair number of people (upwards of 50 somewhere) have contacted me requesting this change, with the general consensus that it would enable a small group of friends to fill out a team for bigger battles (for which the map is intended) or to play an at least mildly engaging round by themselves when no one was around.

Obviously, the problem with this request is that I never delved into creating AI, and the task does seem quite daunting, particularly as I have been far too busy to put more development time into the map for quite some time. Still, I would really like to add this final feature to the map, for those who do enjoy it. I played a one-man team in the development of the map, so all things considered I am quite proud of how it came out - but the lack of AI and its low popularity on Battle Net mean that you have to wait for your friends to be on, or sit around in an open game hoping there are some adventurous people on within the next several hours (which is often times unlikely).

I also know that with the release of games like Legends of Norrath and League of Legends that AoS maps for WC3 probably aren't knocking a lot of socks off these days, but I am posting here due to the fair number of requests I have had, simply to see if anyone with experience is even so much as bored enough to take up the task.

Again, the map can be found at the following link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/dawn-battle-aos-v2-2-a-129642/

I will be thankful to anyone who does so find it worthy of their time and efforts, and of course full credit will be given as it is with all original testers, custom icon contributions, etc.

Thanks for your time, folks. Cheers!

-NeverDeath.

Level 5
Thanks Crimson, but unfortunately my problem is that I have neither the know-how nor the time to learn it, in order to implement a reasonably good AI. The only real reason I'm even asking is on the off chance that someone with experience making AI for an AoS or the knowhow to do so, would be looking for something else to do. I have a map already created with recipes, repicking and random systems, a functioning multiboard, tons of custom heroes and abilities, an upgrade system, a troop hiring system, capturable points and more - and with a lot of requests for AI and no personal capability to implement such a feature I thought I would do what I could to see if I could find someone who would be interested in the "job".

Again, if anyone would like to help, you would be credited as the sole creator and contributor of the AI both in game and on sites where the map is supported. AI can be a great feature to have, especially in lesser-known AoS maps, as it allows you to fill out the game when you can't quite find enough players, or to practice by yourself without becoming bored and steamrolling waves of less-powerful mobs. If I had the time I would definitely learn to do this myself, but I do not, unfortunately - and so I would greatly appreciate anyone who would be up to the task. Thanks, all.

Status
Not open for further replies.