• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Race Conversion: First Skinning Attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So, I was going to enter in the race conversion contest, but the competition was way over my head and I had little time to work on it. But anyway, here's my first attempt at skinning. A majority of it is freehand, though I did use the original skin as reference for some parts. Obviously bow, arrow, etc. are just recolors...

Also, some questions:
1. How can I improve the appearance of her face? She is really ugly at the moment and nothing I have done has changed that.
2. I attempted alphaing out her ears, but I was successful only in turning them black. Any pointers on what might have gone wrong?
3. Is having a fully clothed woman allowed in Warcraft? :grin:

I really like a majority of the actual texture, though much of it looks kinda funky on the model. Comments and suggestions would be much appreciated...

Attachments

• Shandris.jpg
    Shandris.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 103
  • shand.jpg
    shand.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 149
Level 8
i think anything can be alphad out. Just do it on the .blp and it should "not" show up on the model. Make sure you dont make a gaping hole in the model thugh, just remove some flat parts protruding

Level 8
Update!

Yay for figuring out how to alpha out stuff. I messed around with it, and now the ears are gone. I also re-did the face a little bit, and ended basically CnPing the eye and then making modifications. She's still not pretty or anything, but I think she looks a tiny bit better...

Input?

Attachments

• face.JPG
    face.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 180
  • whole body.JPG
    whole body.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 106
  • newshand.jpg
    newshand.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 97
Level 8
Okay, well just a little work on her face. I still need to make the eyes look less blurred, but it's really amazing what some makeup can do to her. And, as requested, on the portrait (that's why it is such a weird pic, but the hair does add to it a bit). Once again, any input is much appreciated...

Attachments

• newface.JPG
    newface.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 118
Status
Not open for further replies.