• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

My first attempt at skinning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Okey first of all I want to say that I diden't want to upload my very first texture (My icons do not count as textures because they're crap) because I thought you would tell it sux so bad I should never, ever, EVER run PS again. But I Pm'ed this to Hawkwing and he told me it was decent so I did upload it. It's a Beerden instead of a bearden :p (simple word: PUB).
At the moment I have only done the roof and the front wall. Don't laugh at me, comment suggestions and 'Not-to-rude Critics'.
Thanks.

Unwrap and texture in one picture.

Edit: did as Hawkwing and Operator requested and did some more wooden bars and the door.
mySkinningattempt-1.jpg

Last edited:
Level 30
I had assumed the bear mug was just the outline when he PM'd it to me. I belive it still is, :p. I still think it looks a bit too polished try adding some different shades of brown, preferably light straight strips across the pieces of wood. Keep it at a low opacity though.

okey il do so and the mug ... thats just a temporary lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.