• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Race changing ingame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey there.

I was wondering if there's way to change someone's race ingame. With race changing I mean the UI changes, so if you start a game with the human interface, a trigger could maybe reload the UI with the orc interface or something?
Reason I want this is that players are able to chose their race in my game, and if they will pick orc/troll/tauren it would look better with the right interface.

I'm 99% sure this isn't doable, but just needed someone that knows more about it to confirm this statement:p

Thanks for your time,

Teun

Level 15
You might be able to simulate it, maybe modify one of those HUD interfaces to display an image of the bottom and top part and leave holes for all the buttons and minimap

As for the cursor, there's a trigger (can't remember it) that follows mouse movement, if you were to make it so there was an image of the races mouse over the regular mouse...

You wouldn't actually be able to change their race but it would look like it...

My heads hurting.......

Status
Not open for further replies.