• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Question on Count Down Timers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
When you start a timer and it finishes, does it automaticly get rid of the timer for you, or does it keep the info and cause a leak?

Level 2
Well that sucks, might ruin my Until Loop. I Basicly maid a Loop Infinate amount of times until a event happens with Count down timers. Hopefully i can make it Leek free and still keep the effects.

Edit - Oh What Luck, no leek and Still works. Gota love Infonate loop triggers with varying times that can cancel on an event:) If anyone wants to know how to do it in GUI just ask and ill post.

Level 5
Gota love Infonate loop triggers with varying times that can cancel on an event:) If anyone wants to know how to do it in GUI just ask and ill post.

You mean a Countdown Timer that starts again when it stops, with a duration set by an Integer variable, and other Events set to Pause it whenever you like?

Yeah, gotta love those.

It's a "leak" by the way :wink:

Level 2
How is it a Leak when you Destroy last Count Down Timer?

Edit- Oh nm you were correcting spelling. Thats a full time job with me. ToolBox do you know how to Make a Unit Varible that is All Units that are alive.

Hes Right, Just Make a Timer on Event, at the end of the time have it start another timer and begging of that Timer do Destory Last created Timer to get rid of leak. And to stop the Infonate Loop Do Destroy Last timer on something that you want to destroy it and it should Destroy the timer while it is in the middle of the Timer Cuasing the loop to stop.

Level 5
Glad you didn't take the correction the wrong way :wink:

To make a Unit Variable that is All Units Alive? I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about so I have two answers for you.

1) Though most of your use of Actions in the Unit Group section have probably been Pick Every Unit, you can actually create a Unit-Group-Variable, which you can add and subtract units from. If you wanted you could add all Alive units in the map to your Unit Group, and then you would have a "Unit Variable that is All Units that are alive".

2) On the other hand, if you're talking about finding out whether a unit is actually dead or not, there's the Condition Boolean - Unit Classification Check (Unit is Alive) = True. (That's roughly how it goes, sans formatting.) So you can do Pick Every Unit Matching Condition (Boolean - Unit Classification Check (Matching Unit is Alive) = True) And Do...

Hope that helps :)

Level 2
I figured a way of doing it looking at a Floating Text Damage maker for all units on the map and converting it to what i wanted it for. Im Putting the finishing totches on my Blood System, Squirt blood Faster as your life goes down, and Squirt on attack. Once i get it right ill Copy to another map and Post it on systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.