• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] question about syntax errors and syntax check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
so using jngp:
so if you save your map then it will run your jass triggers through a check to make sure the script looks good, right? and so you have to look at the triggers and see what's wrong if an error message pops up, right? i know sometimes lately usually the problem is i misplace a parentheses somewhere. that's my biggest weakness and why wasn't so good at algebra. anyway...

this question about jass is mainly about the errors that come up that don't pop up when saving the game. are they invalid errors? and if not, i have A LOT of them! like for example there will often be a list of errors along with the one that was the reason the message about an error popped up during save which don't seem to have anything to do with that error, so it seems like they are additional errors. anyway when you click on the syntax check button there are maybe over 50 errors. examples might be undefined variable like a udg and perhaps half a dozen or so statements outside of function. my guess is these errors come about from the check only looking at the trigger by itself. obviously the udg exist so i don't understand how they could be "undefined".

my theory is that perhaps the check there just looks for jass accuracy, but isn't programmed for vjass. but i don't know and since i've started rewriting some of my triggers i was interested in this. just to make sure i'm not missing anything while i'm writing all this new code.

Status
Not open for further replies.