• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Promotion and Hosted Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hey, I got some two things I'd like to get out of my system, so here goes.

Basically, what I have thought about for a long time is how Hive fails pretty hard at promoting people's projects, whatever they're maps, models or anything else. If someone's doing something awesome, he/she could at the very least get a small front page news post. I won't go too much into this, but I suppose you understand what I mean.

The second thing is about hosted projects. When a hosted project author releases/updates/publishes something, I am of the opinion that he/she should also have the right to post (or ask someone to post) front page news. For instance, I didn't even know WC3:WoW was cancelled and what's been finished released until yesterday when I checked the project's forum.

So yeah, those are my two suggestions. The first would help out modders by promoting their projects, and they'd help potential fans find awesome stuff to follow, and the second suggestion is about promoting our very own hosted projects.

So what say you?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I didn't know of Wc3:WoW's cancellation myself, and I still wouldn't know if I hadn't read this thread before taking a look: there's no news thread pointing that way and you can only slightly induce that from the new sticky thread.
If we were to promote the projects more notably, I believe we should impose the condition of keeping the project circumscribed to the Hive because the lodged create other forums and get their project hosted at other websites as well; what's the point of having it hosted at the Hive?

Though I kind of miss those links we used to have at the top back in the wc3sear.ch days.

Status
Not open for further replies.