• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hosted Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I don't know if I'm in wrong place but there's thing that's been bothering me..

How do people move their projects into hosted projects section and what are the requirements?

Does project needs to have a lot of views in map development, or it needs alot of time to get developed, or u need to contact admins, or others..

Anyone can tell me?

You'll have to make a post in staff contact with a description of your map. You should be decently far into development, and it'll have to have a really good presentation in order to be accepted.

I think the important thing to understand is that certain projects aren't cut out for hosting. For example, a melee map would have a low chance of being hosted (unless it had some huge revamp to the units, or a brand new AI, etc.). Generally, they are large undertakings, and have received a decent amount of support from users. Many maps don't require an entire forum. Usually you just need one thread.

Before you suggest your project to the staff, you should make a thread in map development for your map. See how people respond to it, because we'll use that as a factor.

One thing to note: THW has quite a few forums already, and I don't think we've ever had more simultaneous hosted projects than we do now, so we may need to archive some completed projects if we are to host more projects--so our standards are pretty high.

In the end, just do your best. :) A project doesn't have to be hosted to be successful. The map development still remains one of the most frequently viewed forums, so just keep updates rolling, focus on a good presentation, and you'll get more followers.

Level 24
Relative the average project, I suppose the hosted ones are considered high standard. But that's largely due to the average project sucking pretty hard. Anyway this isn't a discussion we should really get into, for both our sanities.

Level 6
Well if your project is hosted or not it does not matter.

For example. I am not saying that FBF is bad so don't make my statement an offensive and not mean to compare.

But well it is obvious that Iceborn has more supporter than FBF but Iceborn it is not a hosted project.

I want to discourage modder there that thinking a hosted project is the only way to be popular.

There are unknown maps here on hive but are more popular than the hosted projects here. For example Bleach vs One Piece (this is very popular in Garena)

Status
Not open for further replies.