• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Project] Power of Chaos RPG - Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Update: Added 3 new screenshots:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Level 16
Some update:
-Added some more stuff:
- Damage is now showing up
- Level UP effect + UI message
- Currently working on Cooldownbuttons for UI
- Targetable on click

And in addition I welcome Goldendemon to my team, who will do terraining :)

We are looking for an artist (2D / 3D)

Level 5
thought you wouldnt have the time to do a project ?
if you still look for an artist (2d), pm me

EDIT: is there a way to make an aiming system like in halo so the facing with the cross follows the cursor of the mouse??

Last edited:
Level 16
Ok. I have the title for the first Map (Power of Chaos gonna be a bigger Project)

Power of Chaos - Xel'Shin

Xel'Shin is the Planet where the Association (No name yet) you work for scanned some curious energyspots. Therefor they send you to check the situation and report what's going on.

So let's see what we can do with this project.

Level 2
I really like the UI. It's sleek and functional. One idea I thought might enhance the concept is to color-code the enemy target's UI based on their level. For example, if the enemy is a higher level than you, their UI bar would be colored yellow, orange, red, or purple. If they were equivalent or lower, it would be white, blue, green, or gray. All of these are based on the level difference between the player's hero and the enemy highlighted. Allies' UI bars could be a different color to avoid confusion.

Keep up the good work!

Level 12
Since the Upgrade to UDP from TCP the traffic caused by key detection should be cut in half. Hopefully thats true :)

Btw I'm loving the UI :D I wish i could duplicate something of similar quality :/

I have no idea what the letters mean, but thanks for the info.

Yes the UI is very nice. How long did it take you to make it and set it up. Does sc2 make that easy? I haven't been on hive for the last 4 months, and am trying to find all about sc2, so I can decide to buy it or not. (Buying it requires me to get a new PC, so it's not a light decision.)

Level 16
small update:
I added a new UI component, a small frame which contains the buttons in the bottom right, also got rid of the navigator on the right, instead added new button for navigator in the bottom right

attachment.php

What I do next:

I am currently working on four things:
- Inventory/Equipement
- Rework of missiondialog
- Achievements
- Talents

I may release some previews this week, all in all we have a nice progress.

I also will release further details for the story: (Why the name Power of Chaos? etc.)

Goldendemon also is hard working on the terrain so I think there will be some more previews in the future :D. We try to have at least a demo version ready till the release
of Starcraft II.

We still need an 3D Artist and a native english speaker.

Level 16
you mean the UI?
I used .dds , created with GIMP, there is a plugin for dds files

edit:

So I worked out the inventory and started implementing it:

attachment.php

You can see in the top there is a list where you can select items of your inventory (up to 50 items).

Below that is the item icon + name
then there is the description box where information about the item will appear.

On the bottom you have 3 buttons: Drop Item / Improve Item / Show Equipment

Drop Item: drops and destroys the current selected Item (there will be a dialog if you really want to destroy this item)
Improve Item: This button will open another dialog where you can improve your item , add effects, or improve gained attributes etc.
Show Equipment: This will open the equipment dialog, here you will also be able to chose if you want to equip the current selected item

Further info to come ;)

Last edited:
Level 2
Wow, this is coming along very nicely. I still say this has the best UI of all the RPGs I've seen so far. I'm currently working on making a complex talent tree system, so I can't wait to see how yours turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.