• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey'z Jay'z....??!!
Why you don't ON on FB..??
Oh.. hehe, i'am here..!!
How about we friend on We Place?? ( ERYFKRAD, AND OTHER FRIEND ) ??
Eh..??
The Model'z.. Shht.. Hide we private model'z Jay jay!!
Don't show to Public..
Because they are so arrogant....

can you please make your own english language easy for us to understand?
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Level 28
sorry for double post
@jayson
I'm already know what is the map having FPS it's not RTC it's SharpShooter

I know this map, there is day that I play this everyday :D, me and my coders tried to make a scope system that can also detect what part of body is hit for damage.

Something like this : Head - 100 damage, arm 60 damage but no one can do this, so I asked from other forums and they said its hard to do to detect damage per parts of body if there is a lot of unit type on a map. And also you can just edit your older post, I already see your post anyway. :D

Level 11
Hey'z Jay'z....??!!
Why you don't ON on FB..??
Oh.. hehe, i'am here..!!
How about we friend on We Place?? ( ERYFKRAD, AND OTHER FRIEND ) ??
Eh..??
The Model'z.. Shht.. Hide we private model'z Jay jay!!
Don't show to Public..
Because they are so arrogant....

You don't have rights to tell him to hide his model... he's not your puppet.
This look interesting, and i was wondering if there's flamethrower in the map? i love flamethrower :D

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
Jay, sorry to bring this up here but do you have any Wagon models similar to this

gypsy-wagon-465cb.jpg

Sverkerman

Level 17
TheDownloader, I bet that Jay would very much appreciate if you didn't spam all those smileys even if you are very excited about his project being released.

I can also see that you are some what new to this forum, you see, double posting isn't allowed. Instead we use
edit.gif

I'll give you some reputation to start off with. Enjoy your time at the Hive :)

Sverkerman

Level 17
@zlowly, I think you are abusing this thread at this moment.

First you suggest EVERYONE to post their nick name which they use on Battle.net in sonofjay's map development thread. We've already had a discussion in this thread about spamming and if you follow it accordingly you should know by now that that's a behaviour which isn't accepted by most users including me and sonofjay.

additionally, you possibly posted sonofjay's facebook page here! What if he doesn't want his personal information on Hive? Did you know that publicing someone elses personal information anywhere without the person in question being fully aware and OK with it is a serious crime?

As I did some digging into what kind of a user you are your application for the beta of Dualsim has been denied.

I hope that you improve your behaviour, this is a major disappointment.

@sonofjay, how was your holy week? How is the map coming along? Anything that you need? I kind of feel the need to repay you for that wagon model which I used inside the Dualism trailer ;P

Level 28
I'd a good holy, thanks for asking sverker, what about you? Dualism is making great progress, congrats.

On-topic

I'd start working on this yesterday, and made some little progress, I'd change my ammunition system, from just using mana, to a more advance one, gold = bullet lumber = clip. Also I removed the buying system, I think it doesn't fit now since it become a campaign, and I decided that guns should be pickup on the enemies dead body(something like the CoD), and items like med kit, bullet proof and others, can be find on random places of the maps.

@zlowly, I'll answer you via pm, after that, kindly remove your post, or just remove the facebook account you posted.

Level 6
I'd start working on this yesterday, and made some little progress, I'd change my ammunition system, from just using mana, to a more advance one, gold = bullet lumber = clip.
Based on this, I'm assuming all weapons will use the same ammunition? What about amount of weapons? How many can be carried at one time?

Level 6
I already have a equipment system, don't worry you can only use one weapon at a time, also this equipment system give specific stats and abilities per items , but it really takes time to set up one item.

But the stats and abilities given by the weapons only apply if you have ammo, correct?

Level 6
I guess I shouldn't have assumed same ammo as you could easily indicate in the gold/lumber how much you have left based on the weapon equipped.

Level 28
I guess I shouldn't have assumed same ammo as you could easily indicate in the gold/lumber how much you have left based on the weapon equipped.

The best answer,

I will have a better movement system, smoother and more easy to use, I have someone doing it from another forum.

But for now I'm doing Darkgrom's terrain (he want it later XD)

Level 6
I'm agree with sir Atticus because it's so simple you just make the lumber be our ammo.You just need to change the lumber icon to ammo icon.
And then,you should make a anti-cheat system.You should call Kitabatake if you want to make anti-cheat system because he making the anti-cheat system in Dæmonic ORPG
so if anyone want infinite ammo with using greedisgood or leafittome the game gonna be auto quit...

Level 12
I'm agree with sir Atticus because it's so simple you just make the lumber be our ammo.You just need to change the lumber icon to ammo icon.
And then,you should make a anti-cheat system.You should call Kitabatake if you want to make anti-cheat system because he making the anti-cheat system in Dæmonic ORPG
so if anyone want infinite ammo with using greedisgood or leafittome the game gonna be auto quit...

An anti-cheat system would actually not be needed, since this is a campaign, you play it on your own, not with friends, and this is not an ORPG where you can save your hero, load it up later and do stuff. Let them cheat if they want to, they're only ruining they're own game, instead of trying to do it with their own skills. I'm not saying this because I want to be able to use cheats, but because adding an anti-cheat system isn't really needed. It could also ruin some of your progress if you type some random cheats for the lulz.

Level 28
@Zlowly, I tried to make individual ammo per gun, and I'm telling its bugged as hell try to shoot and then at the same time, and you'll lose ammo without actually shooting so I removed it.

And about the cheats hex already answered it, cheat or not its your game time, not mine, if you want I can encourage people to cheat on this. XD. But meh, its really depends on you, I will not put any anti-cheat system even I have it on my hard drive.

I'm also having issue on my shooting system, I already mastered it, and can play with it well, but I let my friend try it and he can't even hit a single target. I'm thinking of making a auto aimed system, but that will really decreased the total outcome of the gameplay.

Level 12
@Zlowly, I tried to make individual ammo per gun, and I'm telling its bugged as hell try to shoot and then at the same time, and you'll lose ammo without actually shooting so I removed it.

And about the cheats hex already answered it, cheat or not its your game time, not mine, if you want I can encourage people to cheat on this. XD. But meh, its really depends on you, I will not put any anti-cheat system even I have it on my hard drive.

I'm also having issue on my shooting system, I already mastered it, and can play with it well, but I let my friend try it and he can't even hit a single target. I'm thinking of making a auto aimed system, but that will really decreased the total outcome of the gameplay.

Please, do not think of adding an auto aimed system, that would ruin the game. Instead, add a tutorial, where you could practice your equipped weapon on non-moving targets, moving targets, and even enemies, but you can't die here. You just have a glimpse of what's to come in the latter.

In short:

You could go on a tutorial, practice your current weapons, sub-weapons, and even grenades you have, where you have unlimited ammo, and just shoot and shoot until you're satisfied. But you could choose whether you'll have a target which moves, does not move, or moves and attacks you, but you don't get damaged.

Level 28
Please, do not think of adding an auto aimed system, that would ruin the game. Instead, add a tutorial, where you could practice your equipped weapon on non-moving targets, moving targets, and even enemies, but you can't die here. You just have a glimpse of what's to come in the latter.

In short:

You could go on a tutorial, practice your current weapons, sub-weapons, and even grenades you have, where you have unlimited ammo, and just shoot and shoot until you're satisfied. But you could choose whether you'll have a target which moves, does not move, or moves and attacks you, but you don't get damaged.

Great idea, but where should I put it? should I make a trigger when player type bla bla bla, he'll be transported on the training area or I'll put on the start of the map and make a story for it, (main character is target practicing?)

Sverkerman

Level 17
No sonofjay, that would be a bad idea. If you checked my latest map review on my youtube channel you should see that in that map the player gets introduced to all the systems and stuff while actually playing the map. This is what you need to do. Make some kind of event in the beginning of the game where the player needs to shoot a target. That would be the best way.

Level 12
Great idea, but where should I put it? should I make a trigger when player type bla bla bla, he'll be transported on the training area or I'll put on the start of the map and make a story for it, (main character is target practicing?)

You could add an area where you could do stuff like tutorials, and stuff. Like a base for your team if you have one. If there's one, then you could add a training area where you could do the stuff I suggested.

Btw, here's a tip:

Use noparse tags to be able to show text which contain bbcodes and stuff so that you can link the signature easily, without us having to delete the space/spaces, plus it makes the copying easier.

Here's an example of what noparse does:

Code:
This doesn't have noparse in it.
[B][I]Test[/I][/B]

Code:
This has noparse in it.
[plain][B][I]Test[/I][/B][/plain]

In short, add the noparse, and /noparse bbcode to your "signature", so you won't have to add spaces into it, we'll just copy, paste it, then it would show up in your signature. This also helps on creating applications, and stuff. Hope this info/tip helped.

Level 12
No sonofjay, that would be a bad idea. If you checked my latest map review on my youtube channel you should see that in that map the player gets introduced to all the systems and stuff while actually playing the map. This is what you need to do. Make some kind of event in the beginning of the game where the player needs to shoot a target. That would be the best way.

No, not really. It's good for a game like this imho, because if you can only have tutorials in the beginning of the game, let's say, you played the game for about an hour, then got a bit bored, then went back to it about one week later, you'd get a bit rusty from shooting and stuff. So adding an area where you could do tutorials would be better, so that you could refresh your skills, or even master a weapon of some sort.

Edit: Oh, I forgot, another reason why tutorials should be able to be used at any time except when at battle, is because sometimes when you get a new weapon, you'll get a bit confused how it works, and stuff, so being able to practice the weapon for a while would be better instead of doing it at the beginning.

Level 12
I don't know if this is your suggestion or whatever, but this is the best idea for me,

Make a separate, map with all the guns. and stuffs, then that will be the training map. If anyone have a better idea, just tell me.

But downloading a separate map for tutorial would be too much, lol. Most users would be too lazy to play a map for tutorial, quit it after finishing tutorial then loading up another map. Plus, when you get another weapon which you are not familiar with, or having a hard time with, you'll have to load up the tutorial map again, which would bore players. You should include the tutorial in the main map instead.

Level 28
But downloading a separate map for tutorial would be too much, lol. Most users would be too lazy to play a map for tutorial, quit it after finishing tutorial then loading up another map. Plus, when you get another weapon which you are not familiar with, or having a hard time with, you'll have to load up the tutorial map again, which would bore players. You should include the tutorial in the main map instead.

Then its decided I'll put a training ground per map, but its a pain in the ass Project Ghost is consist of 5 main chapters maps (side chapters maps not included)

Level 12
Then its decided I'll put a training ground per map, but its a pain in the ass Project Ghost is consist of 5 main chapters maps (side chapters maps not included)

Pain in the ass, but players would appreciate it. Makes us feel refreshed, if we decide to rest for a bit, like a week, then continue the second chapter and so on. I'm glad that you understood what I was trying to say, and good luck again with your project. I'm going to put the supporter pic into my sig, but please look into my older post, the noparse one. It would make your thread neater, and look better, since spaces in links like that are ugly.

Edit: Here it is: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2130097-post134.html

Level 28
Pain in the ass, but players would appreciate it. Makes us feel refreshed, if we decide to rest for a bit, like a week, then continue the second chapter and so on. I'm glad that you understood what I was trying to say, and good luck again with your project. I'm going to put the supporter pic into my sig, but please look into my older post, the noparse one. It would make your thread neater, and look better, since spaces in links like that are ugly.

Edit: Here it is: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2130097-post134.html

Okay I'll edit it :D

EDIT: Wrapping the signatures on html tags looks more better :D

Last edited:
Level 12
Some suggestions on systems:

• Aggro System - I think you already know what aggro system is. But this is not only a simple aggro system. When you kill your enemies with a noisy, no silencer weapon, which obviously creates noise, enemies would see you, thus bombarding you with bullets from their weapons. After you don't show up for a bit, they'll stop shooting and shooting until you shoot again. (This system is like Army of Two's aggro system, you could watch it in Youtube if you want to.)
  • Cover System - This is quite obvious, but let me explain. Since we do know that you don't only rush towards battle and shoot off all enemies, you'll have to strategize a bit when to show up, and when not to show up. This system is a bit connected to aggro system because when you cover, and hide, the aggro bar would of course lessen, but when you shoot, or get seen, the aggro bar would rise up ofc.
  • Weapon Customization System - A system where you could change your suppressors, barrels, and stuff. Could be useful when you want to have a weapon of better capabilities. (Army of Two also has this, Youtube is your friend.)
  • Damage System - This system would be seen on most FPS games. This system is about how you damage your enemy with your weapon. Using shotguns on close range would of course deal more damage, using sniper from afar, would deal more damage. And, last but not the least, headshots would give insta-kill unless the enemy has a protective helm, body shots would need two bullets to be able to kill the enemy, or even three, unless they have a bulletproof armor.
  • Capturing System - This system is a system which would be used on an army of 2 to 5. When you catch the highest-ranked soldier of the group of army in an area, his members would surrender, so that you'll be able to tie them up or kill them or whatever. Or if you have a side-kick of some sort, then you could catch the highest-ranked soldier of the group then let him tie the lower-ranked soldiers or whatever.

I know some of these are impossible, but could be done in a way, but not exactly as I said. If you could create some of systems, you could remake anything you want to remake. I'm just suggesting possible systems, it's up to whether you want to try making them or not.

Level 28
Aggro system and Cover system will really be a great addition(but will take time to make might ask Darkgrom on this.) This really reminds me of splinter cell. :D

Weapon Customization, also a good addition, but I think it will give markos more work, silencer, barrels and scope.

Damage system is the hardest of all, I already discussed this on other forums, when I tried to make the damage system of sniper's arena, they said that they need to detect the points on a model, snipers' arena only have one model, project ghost have lots, means it will take hell to make, unless someone here knows how to do this stuffs.

Capturing system can still be use, maybe for rebels etc, but not for ACG soldiers, as they are describe as tough and intelligent soldiers.

Conclusion: If I try to implement some of this, it will take time for me to do it or even for the team since all of us are gui coders. I'll try what I can do for this. I will also try to ask some veteran coders here on hive to help us. Well keeping the support will also help us.

Level 12
Aggro system and Cover system will really be a great addition(but will take time to make might ask Darkgrom on this.) This really reminds me of splinter cell. :D

Weapon Customization, also a good addition, but I think it will give markos more work, silencer, barrels and scope.

Damage system is the hardest of all, I already discussed this on other forums, when I tried to make the damage system of sniper's arena, they said that they need to detect the points on a model, snipers' arena only have one model, project ghost have lots, means it will take hell to make, unless someone here knows how to do this stuffs.

Capturing system can still be use, maybe for rebels etc, but not for ACG soldiers, as they are describe as tough and intelligent soldiers.

Conclusion: If I try to implement some of this, it will take time for me to do it or even for the team since all of us are gui coders. I'll try what I can do for this. I will also try to ask some veteran coders here on hive to help us. Well keeping the support will also help us.

Yeah, Splinter Cell. I love that game, lol.

Btw, capturing system, aggro system, and cover system are all connected. You hide, then capture, then get little aggro.

Oh yeah, thanks for taking the time yet again on reading my long post. I hope you get success in any of these systems I suggested.

Moar suggestions:

• Medication System - This system is another system present in Army of Two, it really gave me a lot of ideas for FPS games/maps lol. This system could be used when you have allies and stuff. When they die, you can medicate them by injecting them with some sort of painkiller or something of the sort. This would require around 3 - 5 seconds to do, and you would have to take cover to do this. This makes fights a bit harder, since you'll have to heal up your wounded teammates a lot, and risk yourself getting hit by bullets. You'll have to strategize when to heal them, and when to leave them dying.
  • Choice System - This system is another system present in Army of Two. This is a system where you will make a choice from good, neutral, or bad, which would give different results. You don't have to make a lot of times when this system would be used. 1-2 times of this system per chapter would be good enough. An example to this is when: Your commander tells you to eliminate the spies you caught. You can either: (1)free them, you get extra allies in the next chapter but they would later betray you, you also get good reputation in return though.(2)leave them behind, nothing happens, or (3)kill them, get money, but get bad reputation.
  • Reputation System - This system is in combination with the choice system. When you choose to do good, you get good reputation, thus gaining either money, allies, or some stuff. You also gain foes because you're good, not everybody likes good people. When you have neutral reputation, you do not gain anything, you do not gain extra allies, nor do you get foes. When you have bad reputation, you'll get extra weapons because you get them from other people, money because you steal 'em, and some guys hating on you. (Not really a necessary system to be able to use the choice system. You could add the choice system without this system being added, it's up to you.)
  • Ranking System - Your rank would determine your place in the army. If you are a private or have a low ranking than the your groupmates, then you're obviously the one getting commanded, you don't gain that much allies. Your rank would rise depending on what you do, or how you do your work. If you have a higher rank than most of the people in your group, then you'll be the one they'll follow, thus gaining allies on your trips.

Again, these systems are not necessary. If I'd rate these systems, I'd rate the choice system the highest, the reputation system in the middle, and the ranking system as the lowest.

Level 28
Agree with the choice system but that will make the making of story longer again:D, while Medical system can be easily done.

But what does reputation mean if you and your comrades are thinking of surviving war than getting reputation? same with the ranking.

I'm taking the choice since I already started this, and the medical system. :D

Level 12
Agree with the choice system but that will make the making of story longer again:D, while Medical system can be easily done.

But what does reputation mean if you and your comrades are thinking of surviving war than getting reputation? same with the ranking.

I'm taking the choice since I already started this, and the medical system. :D

@sonofjay, it does not make the story longer unless you add extra shiz to the story if you choose something. You could just make it that you gain something from the choice system, like weapons, extra ammunition, allies or even weapon parts.

Yeah, I knew reputation system and the ranking system's ideas were sketchy. That's why I rated them 1, 2, 3. Reputation being 2 while Ranking being 3. But I'll give something that made me think of reputation. It's because, if you choose to do something good, then you might gain extra shiz from townspeople if there are any. If you do something bad, you might be able to take away their stuff, and use it for your own good. I'm not gonna explain the ranking system, because it's not really a good idea, just thought of that.

Level 6
Let me go back to the whole training thing, if you are making it a campaign, just add a small 64x64 map called 'Training Room' or w/e. It takes 2 seconds to load a 64x64 with decent amount of models.

When the player gets a new gun or at any point in the game, they have an option of typing in '-training' or something which would transport them to the new map to test the new gun out or even improve skill with old guns. You could even make it so the game remembers what the newest weapon received is and start you out with that in the training map.

Level 6
@Sonofjay maybe you can try to play Resident Evil 1 map
they put a handgun ammo to gold place.
and they put a rifle ammo to lumber place.
they using item combine,key system,a boss and puzzle system...

EDIT~~~
I'm agree with Hexcellion ideas with the allies system...
maybe the allies system will be a computer (AI) following us and help us to kill enemies,Give us a aid if we in danger or gonna dead,and covering us all the time....

Status
Not open for further replies.