• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Prevent player from changing race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello! Is there a way to prevent players from changing race in game creation, without limiting players' ability to change teams or colour? I have some custom races on my map, so the race selection is done through a dialog in game. It wouldn't really matter which race the player originally has, but my AI doesn't work if the race is night elf, and I therefore I want to prevent players from selecting night elf.

About the AI issue (irrelevant, but in case someone is curious): I have 4 custom races and a custom AI for each. If the player has any other race than night elf, I can replace starting units with custom ones of any race and start the corresponding AI and everything works. If the player is night elf, the workers will start to gather wood and will never build.

Level 10
Yes I do.

EDIT: It seems I remembered the issue incorrectly. What really happens, is that if the player is not night elf, the AI harvests wood and builds, but doesn't gather gold. If the player is night elf, the AI only gathers gold and builds, but doesn't harvest lumber. So it seems there's something wrong with the AI. Anyway, I find it strange that race affects AI behaviour.

EDIT2: I somehow managed to get it to work by changing harvest priorities. I'm sure I already did that earlier, weird...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.