• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

hi guys, i have some little problem here.

i made 2 custom tech-tree for human race and orc race, and i planned to only use 2 race for my map. the problem is, i want when a player choose a nightelf race or undead race, it change back to human and orc race instead.

so basicly, i need help to disable the night elf and the undead race, or replace it and change them to human and orc race.

any help will be appreciated :)

Level 11
1) To disable the option to pick NightElf/Undead you can use Scenario - Force Properties -> Fixed Player settings, set all players to Humans and then create a dialog box at Game - Time Elapsed 0.03 seconds to select between Orc or Human races and generate your starting units after players select an option.

or

2) You can allow them to select the Nightelf/Undead and then at melee initialization do something like the below trigger to create starting units for another race even if they selected Undead or Nightelf. (You probably wouldn't need to do multiple actions I just did this in a hurry)

• Test
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Race of (Picked player)) Equal to (==) Night Elf
            • Then - Actions
              • Melee Game - Create Human starting units for (Picked player) at ((Picked player) start location) (Exclude Heroes)
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Race of (Picked player)) Equal to (==) Undead
            • Then - Actions
              • Melee Game - Create Orc starting units for (Picked player) at ((Picked player) start location) (Exclude Heroes)
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

thank you for the help.
i will try the second method, seems far more suitable for me.

I want to rep you, but i need to spread some more :)

and another things, is it possible to change the race name?
like "Human" to "Alliance" or "Orc" to "Horde".

EDIT : can you show a trigger example for the first method? and also, the second method is only replace the night elf and the undead with the default human starting units, not the custom one that i made. how to solve this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

bumping up the thread

EDIT : nevermind, i already solve this. it was easier than i tough :)

moderator can mark this thread as solved

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
Why not make two teams(forces) of 5 players in the game, so players will just change team if they want to change their race.. but that depends on that if you want each race to be together in a team or if you want to make the players able to pick a different race and a different team..

Status
Not open for further replies.