• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Poking holes in sc2 logic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
ok let me clear something up. If you read the SC1 book. it clearly says how the Zerg travel through space. Their Mutlaisks don't breathe. And not only that but they go into the huge warp cores and explode.

Farting,LOL! :grin:

ok let me clear something up. If you read the SC1 book. it clearly says how the Zerg travel through space. Their Mutlaisks don't breathe. And not only that but they go into the huge warp cores and explode.
but its not possible,mutalisks would not be able to fly 5000 m in air
so they cant even go to warp.....
unless they make the warp themself -.-

Why don't marines need to reload? In the cut scenes (since SC1) they have had to. They're imba
Why don't any Terran units run out of ammo?
Why does Tychus take a sh*t in the Thor on that one mission when his suit has been attached to his body because of the debt he owes? 1, it's called Odin. 2, he can't communicate with Jim.
Why is Nova so goddamn sexy? Blame Blizz
If the Dark Templar have the ability to permanently cloak, why don't they share their technologies with the other Protoss units? It's not technology. It's skills only Dark Templars can grasp.
Why are battlecruisers the size of a few marines, yet if you zoom in, have thousands of little windows which are suppose to be rooms?Marines have GIGANTIC suits.
Why was Kerrigan neked when Raynor rescued her? Don't you think they would have brought some clothes? Millions of zerg around you, and you plan on bringing clothes for her?
Why is Blizzard turning gay with their lore? I mean really, Hybrids?Duran started making them in Sc1.
Why are there so many Chinese? Dunno
Why is every picture of a unit the same, I mean can't they have like 10 variable pictures? Maybe some different voices to accompany? Wasted Space.
Why do all the BC captains have one eye, with one being metallic? So that they can improve their targeting capabilities
Why don't nukes instantly obliterate everything in their AoE zone? Some buildings survive. I mean c'mon, it's a freakin nuke. Then i guess they would have to increase it's AOE as well. Like, the whole map?
Why won't Kerrigan sleep with me? *cough* *ghey**cough*
Why are all the THW smileys little orcs? Because THW is a main Wc3 modding community.
Why do the Zerg need observers to produce supply? Actually, they CONTROL the Zerg.
Why don't mother ships cloak themselves as well? Or at least have amazing hp, so they don't get auto-targetted? They cost a fortune anyway. Balance.
Why hasn't the human federation sent more scout ships after the ones they originally sent never returned? Your main fleet attacks, gets WTFPWNT, and you would send in the rest of your fleet?
^Why didn't the last human federation scout send out a transmission before shooting himself in SC1? (I cant remember his name) To save their lives.
Why don't the Terrans just nuke Char from orbit? Because they can't control the nukes from space.

/logic
4char

Level 22
Why do 3 marines use the same amount of minerals to create their armor as a Barracks?

How are marines' fusion cores created with nothing but melted down minerals?

Why don't marines go full auto in the face of a massive zerg swarm? Everybody loves aoe damage.

Level 10
1. How do the fat corruptors fly?
2. How come the mothership be the size of three zealots
3. Why doen't the marines run out of air
4. Why doesn't the marines die of decompression, when having their visirs open?( based on portrait)
5. Why do the big heavy lasers of motherships deal so freaking little damage.
6. Why do overseers spot cloaked units better than anyone else, like overlord, they are cloked, not in stealth.

Level 5
-Why do 3 marines use the same amount of minerals to create their armor as a Barracks?
-How are marines' fusion cores created with nothing but melted down minerals?

Minerals aren't the only components used to create anything, it's just that's cheaper to transport little quantities of minerals and use them to produce extraction systems on the battlefield, where minerals usually are in abundance.

-Why don't marines go full auto in the face of a massive zerg swarm? Everybody loves aoe damage.

Two wounded zerglings means 4 hits per attack, one dead zergling and one zergling alive means 2 hits per attack. Dead enemies can't kill you. Also, full auto would mean less precision, more bullets wasted and more precious time for retreat wasted. Bullets are cheap, but new recruits are free!

Level 8
1) Buildings are way too small compared to the other units
2) Battlecruisers are as small as a siege tank
3) Battlecruisers and Thors and any type of unit can almost instantly turn 180 degrees around
4) 10 Marines can take down a freaking battle cruiser just using some stupid bolters
5) Zergs can somehow breath and 'fly' through space
6) When machinery and buildings explode they leave only 2-3 small pieces of metal (where does all the other stuff go instantly?!)
7) The game atmosphere reminds me of a wild west movie with cowboys <-- this sucks so much
8) Flying units go through each other (awesome ghost skillz :mad: YEAH)
9) No matter how big the explosion, no particle ever flies away (like knockback or smth)
10) If an invisible man starts hitting you, would you stay in place and wait for someone to uninvisibilate him Q_Q?!?! So passive and foolish.
11) Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Level 5
1) Buildings are way too small compared to the other units.
The commander interface automatically alters the visible unit size so you can give them orders faster.
2) Battlecruisers are as small as a siege tank.
Or are siege tanks as big as a Battlecruiser?
3) Battlecruisers and Thors and any type of unit can almost instantly turn 180 degrees around
Michael Jackson videoclips are inserted into the new recruit's memories during their training or resoc treatment.
4) 10 Marines can take down a freaking battle cruiser just using some stupid bolters
Bruce Willis can take over an entire building with a revolver and his braces. Also, they're not stupid bolters, they're C-14 impaler rifles that speeds up bullets to ultrasonic speeds, enough to pierce any starship hull. Then you just have to hit one of the vital points that are as big as a house.
5) Zergs can somehow breath and 'fly' through space
Zerg don't breathe at all. Also:
Occasionally refered to as "mutas" by terrans, mutalisks are evolved from the mantis screamer from the desolate Dinares Sector. The mutalisk has retained its predecessor's ability to travel through both air and space, although what other forms of propulsion it may have aside from its wings is unknown.
Other zerg flying units uses psychic powers to fly (like overlords and overseers) or variations of the mutalisk's ability.
6) When machinery and buildings explode they leave only 2-3 small pieces of metal (where does all the other stuff go instantly?!)
They spread into tiny bits that the commander interface eliminates from the view as they don't suppose an strategic threat nor adventage.
7) The game atmosphere reminds me of a wild west movie with cowboys <-- this sucks so much
Yeah, The Terran, The Protoss and The Zerg is a great film, with Clant Westwood doing the role of the Terran.
What kind of western do you watch!?
8) Flying units go through each other (awesome ghost skillz :mad: YEAH)
They evade each other by a few meters or passing over or down each other. The commander interface automatically compensates this showing the unit as staying in the same movement line to allow the commander select them more easy.
9) No matter how big the explosion, no particle ever flies away (like knockback or smth)
Units light enough to fly from the explosion die before they can do so. Everything else is compensated or discarded by the commander interface.
10) If an invisible man starts hitting you, would you stay in place and wait for someone to uninvisibilate him Q_Q?!?! So passive and foolish.
Terran soldiers are mentally conditioned through resoc to always obey their commanders orders, even if they are to run through a zerg base screaming while a thousand zergling follow you. The raynor's raiders have too much confidence in their commander to disobey him.
Zerg are slaves of their current lord.
Protoss soldiers will sacrifice themselves without any doubt if their commander orders them to, that's the way of the Khala. And the message of Spock's last words in Star Trek 3. (or was it in the second film?)
11) Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Agreed.
Also, Schwarze means "black" in german.
Negger means "black" in german.
Arnold Blackblack?

Level 5
In fact, ANY planet have an atmosphere, if its composition contains breathable gases is other thing.
Also, if I can remember well, it rains a liquid in Char. it hasn't to be water, it can perfectly be sulfuric acid from the constant volcanic eruptions.
Also, the only way ashes could rain are:
By burning something in the sky.
If the wind elevates the ashes to the sky.
If the volcanos spill the ashes into the sky.
After that, all you need is gravity.

In fact, ANY planet have an atmosphere, if its composition contains breathable gases is other thing.
Also, if I can remember well, it rains a liquid in Char. it hasn't to be water, it can perfectly be sulfuric acid from the constant volcanic eruptions.
Also, the only way ashes could rain are:
By burning something in the sky.
If the wind elevates the ashes to the sky.
If the volcanos spill the ashes into the sky.
After that, all you need is gravity.

Logic disagrees with you.
Pompeii pl0x?

Level 5
What happens with Pompeii?
It was destroyed by a volcano, ok. What do you mean by "pompeii pl0x"?

Level 21
Why is Jim Raynor so badass?

Why is Zera'tul so emo?

Why is Kerrigan is so sexy is human form?

All these questions will be answered in Starcraft II!

Level 5
I'm Spanish, so I don't have the original unit sound set :/
I'm planning on downloading the GB english version when I buy a new computer next month, btw.
Also:
Why is Jim Raynor so badass?
If you talk with Tychus on the campaign or read Raynor's history, you'll notice that he was always a badass, he used to be a criminal and the former Marshall of Mar Sara erased his historial in exchange for his help keeping the place clean.
Why is Zeratul so emo?
Zeratul has no apostrophe. Also, it's not like his mom don't understand his feelings or some emo bullshit. The "woman" he loved (Raszagal) was used like a puppet by the Queen of Blades and then he had to kill her himself. Except for Raynor, all his friends died trying to stop the Zerg, and then he discovers that they, and specifically the Queen of Blades, are the only hope of survival for the entire galaxy, having in the other hand a fate where everything he knows and he himself would be destroyed.
Why is Kerrigan is so sexy in human form?
She was programmed that way.

Level 5
I've been thinking. SC II is full of cliché, and the filler added to create missions with only one race is enough to make you hate Blizzard...
But still it's fu***** epic!

Level 31
1. Do marines really have to take off all of that armor just to pee?

2. Why did Texas apparently take over the universe?

3. What if a marine gets an erection?

4. The armor around the female ghost's boobs doesn't look very flexible...

5. Wheres Waldo?

6. Why can't the zerg just tunnel under the buildings and destroy them?

7. Why does almost every male human in the game have the body shape of a fully grown mountain gorilla?

8. Why does every female human in the game look like either a hot Sarah Palin, or an Irish version of Ellie Kemper?

9. Really? No Mexicans? Where the heck does Jim get all of his tacos?

10. Why does that bug chick have upside down wings with no skin? I would want to get rid of those...

11. Do the zerg breath? Well...the animations seem to say so...but when you play in space...it makes no sense...

12. Why can't you just train the protoss priest guys to fly planes so they can throw seistorms things from teh sky!

13. Seriously, I really want to know...how do marines pee...

14. What the heck does minerals and gas do for you? If I wanted minerals and gas, I'd just eat a bunch of beans and hope for the best...

15. Global insecticide?

16. Do all the SCVs smoke? I would think that would become a health hazard issue...

17. So basically, the game is set up like this: Texans, Asians, and Emo Druids from Dalaran, all battle in space.

18. WHY DO ALL THE MARINES LOOK LIKE BUZZ LIGHTYEAR? Duh duh duh...

Level 12
19. I REALLY want to know, HOW THE FUCK DOES MARINES PEE!?

answer? hell i dno, maybe they pees in some canisters in their suits, afterwards takes it off and throws it at the zergs...and gets swarmed.

BUT - a side question!

19.5: HOW THE FUCK DOES MARINES TAKE A CRAP!?

Level 22
But look. You missed the fact that they most likely take food pills, which doesnt generate food in their stomach, which doesnt go to their intestines, so they dont shit!

How they pee, Hmmm. I would say they have a container in their suit where the liquid is gathered then it uses some thermal ray to evaporate it from the container. <lol at retardness of the thread xD>

Level 31
Well, their bodies still need the basic resources to survive. After all, they look like grown mountain gorillas...

Therefore, they must poo.

Maybe they poo into a tube which feeds directly to their gun. Gives their bullets a little something extra I guess.

We should contact blizzard with this issue...

Level 5
Nope, they have a disposal system that takes their execretions and dispose of them.

Sector Koprulu terrans are descendants of criminals and political prisoners, the majority were pretty confederation-like so... they founded their own space confederation.

*Clang*, or *Plinck*.

Maybe because it's an armor?

5. Wheres Waldo?
Probably kidnapped inside the Tauren Marine's Outhouse.

It's expensive, and if it's already hard to excavate a tunnel near the enemy base undetected, imagine excavating it UNDER the enemy base.

7. Why does almost every male human in the game have the body shape of a fully grown mountain gorilla?
You mean every male human except those who aren't a soldier biologically enchanced?

8. Why does every female human in the game look like either a hot Sarah Palin, or an Irish version of Ellie Kemper?
I'll answer with another question: "Lolwut?"

That question is just some racist bullshit, not a question at all, amigo.

10. Why does that bug chick have upside down wings with no skin? I would want to get rid of those...
They're not wings, they're adittional extremities ended in blades, hence the nickname.

11. Do the zerg breath? Well...the animations seem to say so...but when you play in space...it makes no sense...
They don't breathe.

12. Why can't you just train the protoss priest guys to fly planes so they can throw seistorms things from teh sky!
Protoss technology is powered by psychic energy. Most of the protoss are able to cast little psionic storms, but they use their psi energy to activate their weapons or control their ships. If a High Templar were to cast a psionic storm while piloting a scout, he could end up crashing the ship.

It's called urinary system.

14. What the heck does minerals and gas do for you? If I wanted minerals and gas, I'd just eat a bunch of beans and hope for the best...
They're not any mineral and gas, they're pretty much like the petroleum of Earth, but they originated in most of the Koprulu Sector's planets.

15. Global insecticide?
Protoss use lasers, and terrans use nuclear warheads, but destroying a planet is not a good idea if you want something from there. Using chemical insecticide, as you suggest, isn't very effective against a species that can develop fourty generations in just one day, immunity would develop in a few hours.

16. Do all the SCVs smoke? I would think that would become a health hazard issue...
SCV are the only civilian unit in a terran base that actually expose themselves to the outer hazards, so I suppose that makes you a bit stressful.

17. So basically, the game is set up like this: Texans, Asians, and Emo Druids from Dalaran, all battle in space.
Ok, find the three differences between a question and a statement

Coz' they'll horde to the infinite and further on...

Level 31
Nope, they have a disposal system that takes their execretions and dispose of them.

I see. Laser toilet in your suit. Awesome.

Sector Koprulu terrans are descendants of criminals and political prisoners, the majority were pretty confederation-like so... they founded their own space confederation.

But...its Texan-ish

*Clang*, or *Plinck*.

Ouch...

Maybe because it's an armor?

One size does NOT fit all I guess...

5. Wheres Waldo?
Probably kidnapped inside the Tauren Marine's Outhouse.

Blasted tauren...

It's expensive, and if it's already hard to excavate a tunnel near the enemy base undetected, imagine excavating it UNDER the enemy base.

It costs money for the zerg to burrow?

You mean every male human except those who aren't a soldier biologically enchanced?

Steroids ftw.

I'll answer with another question: "Lolwut?"

Trust me. It's true.

That question is just some racist bullshit, not a question at all, amigo.

I almost thought you were serious until you put "amigo", padre.

They're not wings, they're adittional extremities ended in blades, hence the nickname.

I have an additional extremity...

They don't breathe.

They do in the anims. D:

Protoss technology is powered by psychic energy. Most of the protoss are able to cast little psionic storms, but they use their psi energy to activate their weapons or control their ships. If a High Templar were to cast a psionic storm while piloting a scout, he could end up crashing the ship.

oh i see

It's called urinary system.

Oh right

They're not any mineral and gas, they're pretty much like the petroleum of Earth, but they originated in most of the Koprulu Sector's planets.

Looks like sugar crystals and methane to me...

15. Global insecticide?
Protoss use lasers, and terrans use nuclear warheads, but destroying a planet is not a good idea if you want something from there. Using chemical insecticide, as you suggest, isn't very effective against a species that can develop fourty generations in just one day, immunity would develop in a few hours.

Those scientists need to work harder...

SCV are the only civilian unit in a terran base that actually expose themselves to the outer hazards, so I suppose that makes you a bit stressful.

Work - Stress - Smoke - Die

Ok, find the three differences between a question and a statement

Totally true though...

Coz' they'll horde to the infinite and further on...

Lightyear spam ftw.

Level 7
Lol all the space marines look like buzz light year becuase they are fighting ZERG! get it! like the evil emporor zerg from toy story!!!!

Anyways i keep seeing people posting about how sc2 is full of illogical things and this thread is pointless. read the first post by me. it says this is NOT to be taken seriously and it is all just for fun.

Im suprised this thread is even still alive lol!

Level 13
btw,long time no reply but...
MUHUHAHAHAHAHA

This sort of is what i was talking about...game is game and making it real would be stupid,terran in starcraft time would use something more powerful than this but anyway...

Why terrans dont use something like this xD xD xD
OWNAGE :D

look 2.25 ,i hope they all shoot some at some empty place :/ , or a Zerg :D

TERRAN VS ZERG = GG FOR TERRAN

but protoss would be more powerful
for example
carrier would not control just 8 interceptors -.- ,it could control 1000 of them...

Last edited:
Level 27
I've got few questions with the cinematic logic:
In that cinematic where Raynor attacks the Dominion cruiser while on randevu with Moebius Foundation, Tyhus throws a Shreder grenade (You can discover it's anme and that's it's an explosive grenade in the Belly of the Beast mission.), but there is no explosion like from normal explosive, only a flash and that flashbang sound, and after it you can see a Dominion marine stuned by it. The question: how can a marine in a suit that allows you to breath in space, protects from deadly space radiation, allows to look dirrectly at the sun, protects from terrible terrible damage and allows to pee in your pants while runing or shooting be effected by a flashbang if that suit should have protected him from it?
And from where Valerian got that gramophone? I doubt somebody would take gramophone in too far away sector in galaxy and that it would surive the landing and someway get into Megsk's or his son's hands!

Level 13
In that cinematic where Raynor attacks the Dominion cruiser while on randevu with Moebius Foundation, Tyhus throws a Shreder grenade (You can discover it's anme and that's it's an explosive grenade in the Belly of the Beast mission.), but there is no explosion like from normal explosive, only a flash and that flashbang sound, and after it you can see a Dominion marine stuned by it. The question: how can a marine in a suit that allows you to breath in space, protects from deadly space radiation, allows to look dirrectly at the sun, protects from terrible terrible damage and allows to pee in your pants while runing or shooting be effected by a flashbang if that suit should have protected him from it?
And from where Valerian got that gramophone? I doubt somebody would take gramophone in too far away sector in galaxy and that it would surive the landing and someway get into Megsk's or his son's hands!

flashbang could e stronger because starcraft is in furure

gramophone would be something very uniquely at that time so actually having it would be nice (like an artifact :D )

the real question is
why marines dont use explosive grenades against the zerg ? :D

Level 5

Who said that grenade emitted only sound and light? It's the future! Maybe it emitted a EMP wave that deactivated the marines suits too.
About the gramophone... they have Gauss rifles, space stations and battlecruisers. I think their researches might have discovered a way to develop the complexity of the gramophone technology...

Level 11
In that cinematic where Raynor attacks the Dominion cruiser while on randevu with Moebius Foundation, Tyhus throws a Shreder grenade (You can discover it's anme and that's it's an explosive grenade in the Belly of the Beast mission.), but there is no explosion like from normal explosive, only a flash and that flashbang sound, and after it you can see a Dominion marine stuned by it
Gosh, maybe it's a flashbang!
The question: how can a marine in a suit that allows you to breath in space, protects from deadly space radiation, allows to look dirrectly at the sun, protects from terrible terrible damage and allows to pee in your pants while runing or shooting be effected by a flashbang if that suit should have protected him from it?
ehh what.

the marine suit has to let in light and sound, because otherwise the marine would not be able to see or hear things around him. furthermore, looking at the sun is a pretty horrible comparison to a flashbang.

Level 5
In fact, a CMC armor is basically an armored astronaut's suit equipped with servo-systems, protecting the user from excessive light intensity and filtering the sound from outside. The armor counts with an augmented reality system that takes the information from the outside, process it and filters it. A marine could even filter the sound of his surroundings, allowing him to fight in the dark. If the marine has the visor up, he would be voulnerable to light and sound, but usually they activate and put it down when they're going to engage the enemy.

Level 13
**Warning: Contains Some Spoilers**
How do I turn minerals and gas into people?
Where do the people in the barracks come from?
How do thor's come out of such a small building?
If protoss can cloak things, why not make everything invisible?
How does a zealot go to the bathroom?
Why do two groups of zerg fight eachother? (referring to ladder matchups)
Why the hell cant I get back on the hyperion after i complete the campaign?
Was it really necessary for Raynor to KILL Tychus?!

Status
Not open for further replies.