• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pig for breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Pig for breakfast [UPDATED]

The orcs were wakened by the early morning sun, and decided to get some pig meat for breakfast, as usual.

Ok, I've done some changes now, second pic is the edited.
Edit: Done more changes, third pic is even more edited.

Attachments

• Dawn.PNG
    Dawn.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 289
  • DawnEdited.PNG
    DawnEdited.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 180
  • DawnEdited2.PNG
    DawnEdited2.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Level 2
The grass coming up out of the rock path looks a little weird, and some of those trees look oversized (judging mostly by their trunks in comparison with the orc units). Other than that, it's very awesome:thumbs_up: It's so rare to see a background lightened so brightly with terrain fog blend so well with a foreground.

Level 9
surely a great terrain. There are a few points where the trees look odd. Off in the distance I can see one of the pine trees that looks way to small compared to the barren style tree. The sky is good as well, but I've seen quite a few sun centered terrains by Void. BTW it doesn't completely look like its morning. Looks more like dusk since the sky is turning that dull color, when in the morning the sky looks brighter with an enchantment through the fog, but maybe that's just my opinion because of where I live.

The sun is ugly, and the barren tree doesn't fit the terrain. The mountains are ugly as well,
they should be smaller but if you really want to make them so big and tall make them in the far background, this is too close.
P.S.
The fog sucks!

wtf are you talking about?! the terrain is awesome, the only things that needs more work i think, is to remove the baren tree, and maybe work on the hill on the right side of the screen, because it looks abit plain..

so just remove the barren tree, and add more tree and rock on the hill.

+have a cookie

Level 10
Lamps and primitive orc camp? :p

Nice terrain, you should count on a better eye like Void's, but I think the fog is nice.

Cookie already given, this should make you want to improve, not to be lazy. Good luck for your future terrains.

P.S: I know it's a terrain, but I would like a copy of the map, for private purposes. I'm no longer terrainer, don't worry. Just want it for my campaign, so I could base myself upon this. Thank you.

Level 10
Ok, I've edited it some more now, fixed the sun so it's not a cloud of radioactivity anymore (I hope), and scaled up the units and the whole camp a bit.

And thanks all for the helpful comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.