• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Picture] My view of Telredor - the fortress and refuge of the draenei in Zangarmarsh after the mass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Draenei built it because its kinda hard to chop down a mushroom size of a house.
Plus it gives protection from swamp creatures because orcs evade swamps.
Lets agree its better then building a fortress on the ground in the swamp.

Level 17
The Horde evaded Zangarmarsh due to the wild creatures that roamed and because a majority of it was covered in water, so building a fortress wouldn't be easy. Another thing is that these mushrooms are quite large and have cores stronger than your average tree. And due to the lack of land (the roads are quite small) chopping down one of them would most likely block safe routes through the swamp.

Level 18
Forgot to ask,how did they build the castle?Must have been a bitch to climb a giant mushroom with rocks and other stuff.Also how do they have water up there?Btw why do mushrooms grow on mushrooms,and dont tell me that they're eatable cuz those are big and arent eatable.

Level 21
I still think orcs can destroy it easily by destroying mushroom. Those monsters had to be driven away by Draenei so they could be safe.

But now I question why would someone build fortress on mushroom in middle of swamp? I don't even want to know how.

Level 23
Because draenei ran inot Zangarmarsh when the zergs destroyed them. It was Velen's plan to make it look like orcs destroyed all draenei.
And they needed a safe place in the swamp, so they built a fortress and since there are lots and actually only mushrooms there, it is the perfect thing.

Level 17
In World of WarCraft, Telredor had an elevator that transported them toward the top of the mushroom. However, that would not be an intelligent way to elude orcs (especially since there is a path that leads to the mushroom where Telredor stands). There wouldn't have been a great distance of time between the Rise of the Horde and the First War, so the draenei probably stuck it out until they knew the majority of clans had left for Azeroth. Besides, if mages did exist at that point in time, I'd imagine "Conjure Water" and "Conjure Food" would suffice. xD

And to answer your question, Vel, it was the perfect hiding spot. It was a short distance from Shattrah City and when there was fog, the tops of the mushrooms were hardly visible. Think of it as preservation.

Level 23
Plus WoW changes and scales truth. Imagine Draenor in "real". Zangarmarsh would be huge, plus I think the water level was much higher before destruction of Draenor.
It would be almost impossble to find it, and the road to it in WoW is just for newbies as well as the guards near the elevator and houses on the side mushrooms growing on the main mushrooms which are easily seen from the ground. So in WoW it isnt that strong as it is in lore.

Level 19
"The horde evaded Zangarmarsh, due to the huge creeps, the water and because of it's Marsh-like terrain"... Hmmm... Ogres doesn't seem to evade Zangarmarsh anyway... At least not in World of Warcraft :-/

And why then did they build Rockard and Stonard on Azeroth in a swamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.