• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Petition for increasing the mapsize in multiplayergames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
yeah right. Then you download 5 such maps and you got 160 MB more in wc3....

And calculate yourself if you have about 200 such maps, which is not a huge amount. Many people got over 1000 maps. So, if you want your warcraft to take about 32 Gigabytes, then go on. I don't want it.

12 is enough.

Maps only take up the space they use. All the 1000 maps already on your computer wouldn't magically increase in size to 32. The idea is that is raises the cap on map size, allowing rpg's and such to be gigantic.

Level 19
Players would still get to choose whether they'll want to save old maps or not though, so I'm supporting this idea.
Or we could always find a way to make a program that helps prevent this problem by having an alternate place to 'store' the maps, this way, it wouldn't consume too much space.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
this deffinetly is a good idea, even with 32 MBs, no doubts on that. But who knows, maybe by the time blizzard makes such a patch computers will have much more space by themselves.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
that's what I said, but don't know on which thread. But yeah, DotA fucking exists for 7 years. Therefore, it's a shit, an active map made in 7 years could be MUCH MUCH better.

Level 19
Still, i'll be optimistic about this and continue to persuade Blizzard, who knows, they could even be working on it now as we speak, just without informing us. So do sign the petition guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.