• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Percentage Life Buff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey, after over an hour of trying I've resorted to getting help from you guys :)

I'm trying to figure out how to make an ability (an aura to be specific) that increases maximum health by a percentage. Any idea how I can do this?

Level 20
  • HP Aura
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to HP Aura
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of HP to 1 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
The "HP" upgrade is an upgrade with "Hitpoints Bonus %" effect,just set for how much procents will health increase and set units affected by upgrade.
Also the HP aura is just a dummy aura with no effect.

EDIT:
...Is what I just said really stupid, or are you just not responding :(

Haha...no,i was just thinking how to do it :D

Level 8
Its not working for me. A building is what is supposed to have the aura, and its not player controlled so I think "Learns a skill" might be whats causing it not to work.

To give you a better understanding, the map is supposed to have difficulty settings, and if the harder difficulty setting is selected, then all enemy (computer controlled) units have higher health and damage. I've made the damage aura and it works, but health, as you know, is something I need to complete. I probably should have told you this from the start

Level 20
Oh,i didn't know you wanted it that way.
Well,just change event,when you pick difficulty,put the action like this:
  • Player - Set the current research level of HP to 1 for //player who controls creeps
and set the level of research appropriate to difficulty,the harder it is,the greater the level.

Level 20
To disallow 2 modes to be selected,just add function
  • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
at the end of your mode choosing trigger.
About condition of owning a hero,i'm not sure what you mean,but i guess you want something like this:
  • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
It's a "player" type of condition.

Level 20
  • Camera
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Distance to target to 1000.00 over 0.00 seconds
I guess this is what you want. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.