1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The member Kam is making HIVE coasters. Take a look. For every coaster you buy, Hive gets $1.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it. Join (Optionally) Paired Techtree Contest #11 - Techno Magic now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The ninth Concept Art Contest has launched. Enter now!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice

Change max health of a unit by a percentage through triggers?

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Karzama, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Karzama

Karzama
    I've been trying to make an ability that will increase the targets hit points by X%. But I can't find any way to do this as a percentage, any ideas?

2. Vizel

Vizel
    Do you mean that you're trying to heal a unit for x% or that you're trying to increase the max health of a unit by x%?

I assume the second.

EDIT: I didn't even read the whole title, so this was a pretty worthless question. >.>

3. Lifee_72

Lifee_72
    NVM i thought u want to increase hp by 100% only.

4. Vizel

Vizel
    From a percentile standpoint, I cannot think of doing it any way besides:

For Hero - The creation of a ton of abilities to cover every possible amount of health and checking for the percentage of health to determine which ability to use.

Unit (With Static HP) - Create an ability for each unit type that you have (So, one ability for the peasant, one for a Footman, etc) and run a unit-type check and match the appropriate ability.

Either way is extremely obnoxious and time-consuming, though.

5. defskull

defskull
    Your percentage based on... ?
    Current HP or Max HP ?

6. Meticulous

Meticulous
    Here you go. This example is permanent but you should be able to use the same method for a temporary boost.

Attached Files:

7. Karzama

Karzama
    I wanted it to be permanent... And the percentages will be 10%, 20%, 30%, 40% and 50%.

8. Meticulous

Meticulous
    Well that trigger will work perfectly for you because it scales by 10% per level for any number of levels, so you won't even have to change anything.

9. wardonis

wardonis
    I've looked through the map and its triggers but I'm a bit lost on it. I'm trying to something very similar. I want to use a research upgrade to increase a hero's max mana by 2% with each research rank (15 ranks). but without affecting the char's str, int or agi at all.

I also want to do the same thing with mana regen, have an upgrade that will increase regen rate of a hero without affecting the stats.