• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Oscar's 1st terrain Sierraville Village

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Oscar's terrain

My very first terrain so if I got something wrong critics are fine just tell me where I got wrong. This is my thoughts about an ideal town.

Special thanks to:
eubz - Trees and houses
Afronight_76 - I forgot what model of him I used but I'm sure he put something.Apologies for the quick memory.
simkitty181 - reskinned female villager
hortaxman - Roof
Kitabatake - Male Villager skin
funkid2 - Log pile
Mr. Bob - The Norse Stronghold
Ribenamania - Market Stands
darkdeathknight - Fruit Stand
Shadow_killer - Houses
Fingolfin - Fir tree
HappyTauren - Archers
Xian - gave me some advise and showed me Mr. Bob's Norse Stronghold, motivated me to do it and giving me feedback.
Ken-E - Advise me too and guided me the terraining
Deolrin - Crate
Hellish Hybrid - Blue and Red Jars, Sword Standing
Communist orc - House

I couldn't do it all without you guys!

191028-albums5357-picture54941.png
The town's market in front of the hall.

191028-albums5357-picture54947.png
Military outpost of Sierraville

191028-albums5357-picture54948.png
The town's logging area

191028-albums5357-picture54949.png
The Pier

Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
If this is supposed to be playable, I'd rather see shots from the game camera. If it's art, you have so so so much to reconsider. Really, the only thing I like is that the sky is quite coherent and lacking any major impurities. The tilework isn't awful, but I'd definitely use a different grass tile. It'd actually be easier if you just read some of the tutorials in the guideline thread that M0rbid pinned: here

To list a few impurities; blizzard cliffs, TC units, almost completely steamroller flat, no (or very poor use of) fog, info display still on, floating rocks etc, etc, etc. Now picture that I said all that with this face, and that I banged my desk in the perfect spots for emphasis.

Last edited:
Level 5
If this is supposed to be playable, I'd rather see shots from the game camera. If it's art, you have so so so much to reconsider. Really, the only thing I like is that the sky is quite coherent and lacking any major impurities. The tilework isn't awful, but I'd definitely use a different grass tile. It'd actually be easier if you just read some of the tutorials in the guideline thread that M0rbid pinned: here

To list a few impurities; blizzard cliffs, TC units, almost completely steamroller flat, no (or very poor use of) fog, info display still on, floating rocks etc, etc, etc. Now picture that I said all that with this face, and that I banged my desk in the perfect spots for emphasis.
Ok next time I'll try to be better.

Level 34
I'd change your angles and distance from the ground/textures. As you can see, wc3 is old, and doesn't look very good up close. Try and keep everything back a bit so people can't see the low-res textures. If that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.