• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Order String Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I made an ability (the mirror image one from the other posts), but in order for the mirror images to be created, a dummy targets the caster with the "Item Illusion" ability (turned into a unit ability). The problem I'm having is that the dummy won't cast the spell. Originally the spell "Item Illusion" didn't have an order string, so I assigned one; firebolt. I then ordered the dummy with this ability to cast firebolt on the caster, but it doesn't work. Does anyone have any idea why? Is it because you can't assign orderstrings to abilities that originally don't have order strings?

Level 11
Of course it doesn't work. Changing the order string doesn't have any effect. The only solution would be to order the unit to use the ability through its ID (which is 852008). But in order to do so, you need to use Custom Script and call the function IssueTargetOrderById.

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.