• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Changing "Order String - Use/Turn on" that is "None" by default

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi all
My question is simple but unfortunately i couldn't find a proper answer on hive so i made a thread about it.
There is an ability on default wc3 abilities list called "Item Area Healing", I want a dummy caster to cast this ability. The problem is that this spell has "Text - Order String - Use/Turn on" property set to "None" by default, so I changed that to something else (thunderclap to be specific) then i created a trigger like this:

JASS:
function CoH_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
   local location lpU
   set lpU=GetUnitLoc(GetTriggerUnit())
   call CreateNUbitsAtLoc(1,'n002',GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()),lpU,bj_UNIT_FACING)
   call UnitAddAbility(bj_lastCreatedUnit,'A01J')
   call IssueImmediateOrder(bj_lastCreatedUnit,"thunderclap")
   call KillUnit(bj_lastCreatedUnit)
   call RemoveLocation(lpU)
endfunction
//n002 is dummy caster and 'A01J' is my spell based on area healing

The problem is that the dummy unit don't use that spell, when i changed the 'A01J' with other spells (which had some order strings by default) like Thunderclap , Berserk or Fan Of Knives it did work perfectly.

so my question is this: I can't set "order string - use" for an ability if it is "None" be default? or did i forgot something and messed up somewhere?

Find out the order ID

• debug
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: call BJDebugMsg(I2S(GetIssuedOrderId()))
then useIssueImmediateOrderByIdor whatever native is associated with that order type.

Status
Not open for further replies.