• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orc Campaign Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Discuss the Orc Campaign in this thread. - TheSpoon

What I'm really interested in is if Cenarius gets new spells on Insane?
For example, one great liability of Cenarius is that his AI orders him to behave like a ladder Keeper of the Grove. When he loses about half his life, he'll begin channeling Tranquility and just stand their helpless against Grom, while he shreds him apart. 20 hit points per second does not help him much. With two heroes plus a maximum of 120 food utilized against him, he won't have much chance. (Keep in mind that you had the maximum of 90 food on that level, because it's RoC.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
Nevertheless, what I'm really interested in is if Cenarius gets new spells on Insane?
For example, one great liability of Cenarius is that his AI orders him to behave like a ladder Keeper of the Grove. When he loses about half his life, he'll begin channeling Tranquility and just stand their helpless against Grom, while he shreds him apart. 20 hit points per second does not help him much. With two heroes plus a maximum of 120 food utilized against him, he won't have much chance. (Keep in mind that you had the maximum of 90 food on that level, because it's RoC.)

Hmm... replacing Tranquility with a rigged Rejuvenation ultimate would make him harder I guess.

Last edited:

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Ofc. Cenarius will be buffed on insane.
And yes, tranquility is one of the main downfalls of him.
So perhaps I could make it non channeling?

Now that I've officially started making it, we can discuss ongoing developments of the campaign in this thread.
I've moved a couple of relevant posts from the Orc Sub-Heroes thread into here also.

The beta edition of Chapter 1 is attached to this post.
And I would be grateful for any beta testers to check it out!
I plan to officially release it on Sunday.

Attachments

• 2P Orc01 Beta.w3x
    643.3 KB · Views: 332
Level 12
I just tested it with a bro.

The only two annoying things I noticed is the Earth spell ability having 2 "r"s in it and the chapter ending before I actually killed the Centaur Warchief.

EDIT: Spoon, How about replacing the current shield sfx with this?

Last edited:
Level 3
Good job on the map, hope your having fun makin' them :D
I'm not sure if you fixed this when you released the full map today, but when my bro got switched to Cairne he lost all his items ;o.
Also, my bro thinks it would be great if you could choose your starting abilities with Cairne

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
(Apologise for double post)

Here is the Beta for Chapter 2.
(DUE FOR RELEASE THIS EVENING)
Me leaving things to the last minute as normal!

Would be very grateful for people to have a go at testing it - ASAP.

EDIT:
Updated the map, it is now the final beta.
Just needs a proper test before releasing.

Any other bugs, please report.

Attachments

• 2P Orc02 Beta.w3x
    406.3 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Level 18
So, I've just finished playtesting despite the horrible lagg Garena would present us with. Again.

• The code from chapter one to chapter two is completely off track again. I received a Potion of Greater Healing that had unlimited charges. Once you would use it, it would go on a brief cooldown and then you could use it again. My allied player also got a Scroll of Healing that had unlimited charges and a brief cooldown.
    Because of this, I couldn't measure if the difficulty is right on this map, I believe we'll have to play this one again. I also got an Urn of King Terenas.
  • The reinforcements on Chapter Two are recolored to Dark Green once Player 2 receives them. I believe this serves no purpose other than to confuse players. There are already orange Grunts and Headhunters when you start. When reinforcements appear, they are purple. There is no reason to recolor them to dark green. I think you should simply settle on either everything in dark green (But Cairne looks stupid in Dark Green) or everything in orange.
  • On Chapter Two, the final reinforcements are recolored in a strange way. The catapult that Player 1 receives - which should be red - is recolored to dark green, while the catapult that Player 2 receives - which should either be dark green or orange - remains purple. Catapults also have Burning Oil, though it is not researched. This should be removed as it is a Frozen Throne upgrade.
  • Nazgrel has its spell book dummy ability active. When you activate his activated passive (Burning Blades?), you get a Spell Book icon on Nazgrel's infocard. It is also missing a tooltip. You can quickly solve this by simply disabling the ability, using "Player - Disable Ability". This will not effect the ability in the Spell Book. This is why you have used a Spell Book in the first place, I guess.
  • Protective Earth is too powerful. I believe you should keep two of the three bonuses it grants: either armor and life gain or life gain and life regain or life regain and armor.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Sorry I'm a bit behind releasing chapter 3.
I'll have the beta on this thread this afternoon.
And release it either tonight or tomorrow morning/afternoon.

I've decided that I'm gonna have to leave Grom's base completely NPC unfortunately.
(Then possibly add the 3rd player option later if people still want it)
With Nazgrel sharing a base with Thrall.

EDIT:
Heres the beta for Orc 3 - I was having some problems with the AI.
As usual:
- No insane mode
- Score system not yet setup
- Save/load system incorrect

If you love me, test it and report back any bugs.

Attachments

• 2P Orc03 Beta.w3x
    624.7 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Level 18
Oh, I remembered something I have observed several times, but kept forgetting to tell you: I believe Nazgrel gains experience faster than Thrall does on Chapter One on Insane.

EDIT
I was able to quickly find proof of this error:
  • Hero - Make Player1 Heroes gain 15.00% experience from future kills
  • Hero - Make Player2 Heroes gain 20.00% experience from future kills
Btw, I will really get to testing Chapter Three tonight and then I'll get back to you.

EDIT #2
  • Nazgrel can build a Fortress.
  • The -gold and -lumber commands malfunction. Whoever types it, the gold or lumber is always subtracted from Thrall's stockpile and added to Nazgrel's.
  • The -exchange command won't let Nazgrel hand units over to Thrall, telling the player that food limits must be obeyed even if both players have plenty of free supply.
  • Even though Nazgrel had 27/30 supply, he still received 5 gold from a gold mine.
  • Sorceress and Priest use their Frozen Throne texture version.
  • Players may research Tier 3 weapons and armor and they do not share these with Grom.
  • The Watch Tower's tooltip states that it "Can learn the Reinforced Defenses upgrade." - a Frozen Throne upgrade.
  • No shared research and production information whatsoever.
  • Grom will not attack the yellow AI human player.
  • Nazgrel gets lumber should he run out of it automatically, like an AI player.
    • GreenLumber
      • Events
        • Player - Player 11 (Dark Green)'s Current lumber becomes Less than 1000.00
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Player - Add 1000 to Player 11 (Dark Green) Current lumber
    • [/hidden]
    [*]Nazgrel can research the War Drums Damage Upgrade, while Thrall cannot.[*]Protective Earth effect lingers on the ground when the unit that has it is loaded into a transport.[*]During the first cinematic, Grom is not present, even though he should be attacking an Archmage.

Last edited:
Level 3
iam played, iam no have bugs of errors.. well i think!!!!........xD

only lather of finishing the map the INVENTORIS LIST OF THE FIRST PLAYER CHANGE THE LOCATION OF THE SECOND PLAYER!!!

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
thank you for testing McQva.
I've already sorted a lot of those bugs, but some of them I've completely missed!

- The difference in exp is intetional.
The reason is because Nazgrel is used for a shorter amount of time, and its to ensure that he increases to level 2 before the end of the level.

- I've decided not to do the shared researches with Grom.

- I managed to get Grom to attack yellow, but that may have only been because I attacked first.
I've not modified Grom's AI but I did change its team colour (from dark green), which might be the cause.

Amauta,
I didn't understand that at all sorry D:

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
NOTICE: LOADING ONTO CHAPTER 3
If you are using a load code from the previous level,
And wish to play this level on insane mode,
Then load your code onto the map attached to this post.
Or you will be playing on normal mode!

This is because of an error given in the code on the previous level.
(this has been fixed and updated)

Attachments

• 2P Orc03 v1.0b.w3x
    647.7 KB · Views: 173
Level 18
  • Grom still does not attack the yellow player. It has to be caused by their player number changed to 5.
  • For some reason, Nazgrel's upkeeps are still totally broken. He receives 5 gold on No, Low and High Upkeeps per turn and 3 on Max Upkeep.
  • You should remove the Shared Info from Burrows, as it allows the other player to use Battle Stations.
  • The Catapult's tooltip says "Train Demolisher".
  • When finishing a structure, the structure built for both players message has a typo in it. (Contructed instead of constructed.) Unfortunately, this is present on all of the maps.
  • When playing on Insane Mode, the Harpy Queen is replaced with an Inferno Harpy. The Circlet of Nobility - that is normally dropped by the Harpy Queen - does not drop from the Inferno Harpy.

Attachments

• contruced1.jpg
    contruced1.jpg
    774.4 KB · Views: 350
  • contruced2.jpg
    contruced2.jpg
    796.3 KB · Views: 334
Level 18
Convenient as that way of bug 'solving' might be, I don't think it's a valid option. The first four attacks of Grom are always aimed against all four human players. If you do not activate yellow's AI, you're making the map that much more easy.
Btw,
  • Nazgrel's starting mana is set to 0, while Thrall's is set to maximum.

Level 3
It's great to see you've gotten around to developing the Orc Campaign! I'll have to check it out some time soon. I hope you'll be able to add in the option to have a third player as Grom in chapter 3 in the future. I can't speak for everyone else, but I know I'd love to see it.

I'll give feedback on these new chapters when I get around to playing them.

Level 2
Spoon, i found some bugs on Chapt 3:
-The Upkeep system is like the original one, in other words, No Upkeep:0-50 / Low Upkeep: 51-80 / High Upkeep: 81-100, instead of the 2p campaign style.
-On the first cinematics, when Tichondrius appears, he keeps attacking both Mannoroth and Archimonde for some reason.
Btw, Grom was attacking the humans normally when I played.

Level 2
Spoon, I've just played the chapt 4 with my friend and everything looked ok, except for the fact that I(Grom) could give my units to my friend with -exchange while my friend couldn't give me his units. Also, the message that was appearing when he tried to give me his units was that I didnt have enough food, while my food store was like 10/40.

Level 3
iam a testing the map nº4, i have a question, the spoon, why in the end of the chapter 3 iam recive 2 codes¿?? how can use that code¿?? i do not... how use that code for load my game in chapter 4... plz you will be explainme¿?

Level 3
thx, but you should be add that mensaje in the end of the map nº3 for avoid any problem or trouble xD

--------

well thx for all, iam played that map and is good, but very easy, in the insane mode the you could be put a higest goal for the lumber harvestn 30.000 for example, or.. who the lifes trees give only 1000 o 1500 of wood for destroy them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
Spoon, could u post here the news about the development of the chapter 5, it's been some time since the release of chapter 4.
It's cause I'm eager to see that and I can certainly test it for u when u release it.

Last edited:

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Sorry I'm being a bit slow releasing this chapter. Been a little busy recently with coursework deadlines - plus this chapters taking a tad more work with the new spells and all.
I'll release thursday/friday maybe?

EDIT: Those other ideas for Chapter 4 sound good - might implement them

Level 18
Right. I'll post all the bugs I have found anyway so you can see if you missed anything.
  • In the intro cinematic, some peons stand around doing nothing.
  • In the intro cinematic, Cenarius is facing the wrong way.
  • Cenarius willl not attack anything expect for what he finds in the first base.
  • The Night Elves do not set up their bases.
  • While in the start of the game screen Purple has control over some peons and burrows.
  • Shaman have Cripple, Unholy Frenzy and Firebolt from the start of the game.
  • Chaos Nazgrel has no portrait.
  • Due to the recent melee patch, you get no experience from killing the neutral hostile on the path to the Chaos Fountain. I leave it up to you if you want to change it or not.
  • In the Well cinematic, Grom does not play the animation when he's supposed to turn into his Chaos vesion.
  • All Chaos units have "Fel" in their name. This is a Frozen Throne update and they're supposed to be called "Chaos", eg. "Chaos Grunt".
  • Player Two can construct Tauren Totem, additional heroes, Wind Riders and so on. Upgrades are fine though.
  • Grom does not get his items when using a load code. Instead, Nazgrel gets everything.
  • In the Well cinematic, Nazgrel is not brought to the Well and when he is speaking, the portrait is empty.
  • Peons return 10 gold per turn.
  • Meteor should destroy trees.
  • I don't know if I agree with removing the extra Gold Mine and adding its resources to the main mines. That makes the map much easier.
  • No skip or insane mode, obviously.

Also, there were some wierd camera uses in the interlude cinematic. You may want to make that a bit smoother.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Chaos Nazgrel has no portrait.
Due to the recent melee patch, you get no experience from killing the neutral hostile on the path to the Chaos Fountain. I leave it up to you if you want to change it or not.
In the Well cinematic, Grom does not play the animation when he's supposed to turn into his Chaos vesion.
All Chaos units have "Fel" in their name. This is a Frozen Throne update and they're supposed to be called "Chaos", eg. "Chaos Grunt".
Meteor should destroy trees.
I don't know if I agree with removing the extra Gold Mine and adding its resources to the main mines. That makes the map much easier.

Not fixed these the above. Rest should be ok.
Don't understand the point about the gold mines though.

Try again if you please ^^

Attachments

• 2P Orc05 Beta.w3x
    807.3 KB · Views: 120
Level 18
  • For some reason, while the Interlude is playing, the screen remains black.
  • There is an Ancient Protector that is owned by Dark Green in the middle of Cenarius' base. That can be controlled before the game begins and keeps hitting an Ancient of Wind that can be found nearby.
  • Structures do not share their production info.
  • Cenarius is level 1 for some reason. Because of this, he does not have Tranquility and does not cast that in the cinematic when he's supposed to.
  • Protective Earth's ridiculous stats are spiraling out of control. We destroyed both the blue and teal bases by simply sending in Nazgrel with Protective Earth. 400 hit points and 7 armor and 15 hit point regeneration are more than enough to tank that few Huntresses and Archers they have, while the rest of the army ravages everything. Also, Cenarius behaves extremely stupid, you can just retreat when he comes and then get back to destroying the bases as soon as he returned to his base. Perhaps you could give him a Scroll of Town Portal with infinite charges to counter this.
  • The Gray player does nothing.
  • When using a load code, Grom learns Mirror Image when he is supposed to learn Critical Strike. (My allied player had Wind Walk - 1; Mirror Image - 1; Critical Strike - 3 and Bladestorm - 1 at the end of the fourth map and Wind Walk - 1; Mirror Image - 3; Critical Strike - 1 and Bladestorm - 1 on the fifth map.)
  • Nazgrel does not appear when he talks in the Well cinematic. The model is now there, but when he is supposed to be speaking, no portrait appears.
  • The last cinematic cannot be skipped.
  • The end of game report somehow said we spent only 6:22 playing. I guess it was not resumed after the cinematic where the trees regrow or something.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
I'll probably give some way of Cenarius getting about quicker on insane mode.

I'm also gonna leave Nazgrel's spell at the current strength for the moment.
Its not actually that good against night elf 'cus the dryads often dispel it (And there'll be much more of them on insane!)
But I will probably nerf it when I go back and update the campaign maps.

I'm a little concerned about grey's AI
I wouldn't say it does nothing, 'cus it makes wisps and buildings and such.
But no it doesn't attack you. (Is this normal for the chapter, or is it broken?)
It used to be coloured dark green but I changed it, so that might've caused it.

Think Meteor strike should damage trees and buildings?

What you think should be on insane mode? Creating a new AI for cenarius might be difficult though. I'm not sure he'd use the scrolls of town portal if I just gave them to him.

Should finally release it tomorrow, easter sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.