• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

OaD: Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new update of the map progress.

Modified Elemental Sets.
We've broken a standart of the element names and we made our own! Thanks packa for helping out.

Water set -> Crystal set
Fire set -> Hellfire set
Darkness set -> Moonway set
Holy set -> Golden set
Nature set -> Ironwood set
Air set -> Lightning set

The way of how to combine them is discussing. You can also suggest something.

Every hero now have 10 unique abilities.
Some of you will say: 'Why so MANY?'
No, calm down. Every hero has his 4 abilities he can learn. One of the other six abilities can be received by buying it from the allied Combo Master that exists on each base.
Yes, that's a lot of coding but it's worth this work.

Hero Pick system.
Inspired by Tides of Blood hero pick with some improvements.

Lane Creeps System.
Player can upgrade every detail of the creep and summon additional ones buying them. This will stimulate teamwork.

A personal music track for each side.
We can't bring a full atmosphere of the battle without some of the great music! A beautiful and atmospherical track awaits every player who will play the map.

Twenty heroes in beta version.
20 fully coded and designed heroes will await your orders inside the beta of OaD 2.

And all this is UNDER 8 Mb!
So you can play freely in multiplayer with your friends.

Some of the models were redone. See them all in a new skins.

lw_ava.gif
archdruidess_ava.gif
berserk_ava.gif
sunrogue_ava.gif
drakonai_ava.gif

lw_model.gif
Hero_LightningWarrior_TrueForm_Model.gif

ArchDruidess.gif

Berserk.gif

If you like it, I can rip the anims from all the OaD 2 models.

Last edited:
Level 23
I couldnt start a new thread so this is the feedback or first impressions after testing this.

1 - Creeps really need team colours. The neutral colour makes them blend into the minimap, hence you cant see how your wave or the enemy waves are pushing.

2 - The outer towers go down fast enough, however the later inner towers take forever to push down, so does the main base.

3 - Lightning warrior is incredibly weak pre level 6, however once he gets his ultimate, he is very very strong.

I played Lightning Warrior that match, hence this my first impression of the hero.

Q Skill - Really doesnt do anything other than improve his stats/skills at the cost of health.
This leads to 2 problems.
He has no way of regaining lost health from the hp cost.
It forces you to burn "Q" before using anything else to get any good effect.

W Skill - Strong dueling skill, effect is intresting. No comment.

E Skill - Very long duration attack steroid. When combined with Q, it almost never runs out, which kinda defeats the purpose of an active in the first place.

Ultimate - I love this skill most, manual target + jump. Allows to anticpate and snipe escaping enemies.

Level 2
I think this will be ORPG, sadly, this is AoS, don't worry, this more than cool :). Keep it up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.