1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The member Kam is making HIVE coasters. Take a look. For every coaster you buy, Hive gets $1.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it. Join (Optionally) Paired Techtree Contest #11 - Techno Magic now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The ninth Concept Art Contest has launched. Enter now!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice

Night Elf Pics [Terrain]

Discussion in 'Warcraft: A New Dawn' started by Grey Nightmare, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare
    - Terminator8

http://www.mediafire.com/?cd8fv2vk8lw7rlv

EDIT: There's more but I keep getting an error when adding any more attachments (guru meditation?)

Attached Files:

2. Narrat0r

Narrat0r
    Looks almost exactly like WoW. Not sure if good or a bad thing...

3. AntoMarc

AntoMarc
    Looks promising. I hope this won't end up dead, like most ambitious projects so far.

4. Limitless

Limitless
    wow looks really good.

5. Adiktuz

Adiktuz
    looks really good...

6. sonofjay

sonofjay
    They are using wow rips, I guess.

7. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare
    Indeed, at least for the time being.
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! :)

8. TheWhiteWolf

TheWhiteWolf
    Definitely WoW rips, you can't make WoW feeling with wc3 doodads... trust me, I tried :D
    Anyway, great terrain, and it is even playable :)
    Looking forward for beta map :D

9. Pr0nogo

Pr0nogo
    I like that very few stock assets from SCII were used, although I grieve for the ridiculous lack of finer detail that WoW assets have. Still, your presentation is interesting, and you've got my attention.

If you need voice acting, shoot me a PM.

10. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare
    It's a bit early yet - but out of curiosity - is there anything or anyone in-particular you would believe yourself capable of being a VA for?

E.g. a race or a certain character?

- VM me (inbox is full for PMs... Will clean soon).

11. Teelo

Teelo
    Do you need a programmer/triggerer to work on your game engine?

You seem to have a lot of artists/modellers on your team, and all I can find are numerous examples of terrain and models you have created. Is anyone actually working on getting your gameplay working?

12. -Kobas-

-Kobas-
    Don't forget that you need to fix an optimize WOW rips, otherwise we won't accept your map in map section.

13. Teelo

Teelo
    Why, exactly? I've never been able to find anything in the WoW EULA that says we cannot use WoW models in WC3/SC2. I even have an email from Blizzards PR department confirming they have no problems with it.

14. -Kobas-

-Kobas-
    Because they will take 2 much space in your map, models will usually be without animations and won't fit with rest of resources. Quality of such map is poor and I can't approved.

15. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare
    We did, honestly I'm a bit out of the loop at the moment, things have been pretty busy. If you're offering to help, we'll accept gladly - I really see this as a community thing, not so much a team project. Everyone gives a little, everyone gets a lot.

Not to sound like an ass or anything but it's highly unlikely we'd even upload the map on Hive, due to how battle.net 2.0 works - It just doesn't seem necessary. It's probably more of a pain actually because you'd need to download a series of mod packs as well. I.e. it's just easier to tell people to download/play directly through BNet.

And don't worry they do have animations, they will have team colour etc.
    I mean honestly I can't think of a map that would be approved - even without WoW models - if its units didn't have animations or TC...

But thanks for the heads up :)