• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

===[NEW] Spell Workshop [NEW]===

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
@defskull

can some help explain how i would make the fire effect for

Flames of Might (Ultimate)
-70 mana
-60 second cooldown
-15 second channeled spell
-Makes Mistress Rose to levitate a few yards into the air spawning a 10 yard line of flames 90, 180, 270, and 0 degrees around her causing 900 damage per second and every 5 seconds it randomly grips a random enemy or hero unit 10 yards away from Mistress Rose into the falmes during the channel.

i know you use a dummy unit but how to make a line in those angles going that fat out is what i don't understand

how would you go about this?

Level 33
===THREAD UPDATES===
*LoD Battle System is done*
*Changed position of tables to look more neat*
*Changed some texts*
*Proper credits*
*Changed position of some assigned tasks*
*Plans to reject old requests (if it's too hard for us to make, we tried our best)*

Level 11
utha.. you really dont get it?
btw, you leaked 3 times in that check >_>
3 points.
1 - unit position
2 - unit position
3 - polar.

and this is how:
DistanceBetweenPoints(UnitLoc, TargetLoc) / 450
UnitLoc = the caster
TargetLoc = the end of spell location
/ 450 = just to make it less effects, more movement. (its usefull, decrease/increase as you like, just keep it around 400 ~ 500)

edit: gah.. just took a look at lod battle system
AROUND THE 70 LEAKS?!!?
SERIUSLY!
10 LEAKS/TRIGGER! ;o
polar leaks, you must set another variable for the position inside polar!
so it gets variable = polar(variable, offset, angle)
and not variable = polar(loc, offset, angle)
and btw, you dont have to null/0 the reals/integers.
since they dont leak, and alot more..
effects leak, its very buggy, etc ;p
but i cant ask more of gui.. exept leaks..

Level 33
dardas said:
utha.. you really dont get it?
btw, you leaked 3 times in that check >_>
3 points.
1 - unit position
2 - unit position
3 - polar.

and this is how:
DistanceBetweenPoints(UnitLoc, TargetLoc) / 450
UnitLoc = the caster
TargetLoc = the end of spell location
/ 450 = just to make it less effects, more movement. (its usefull, decrease/increase as you like, just keep it around 400 ~ 500)

edit: gah.. just took a look at lod battle system
AROUND THE 70 LEAKS?!!?
SERIUSLY!
10 LEAKS/TRIGGER! ;o
polar leaks, you must set another variable for the position inside polar!
so it gets variable = polar(variable, offset, angle)
and not variable = polar(loc, offset, angle)
and btw, you dont have to null/0 the reals/integers.
since they dont leak, and alot more..
effects leak, its very buggy, etc ;p
but i cant ask more of gui.. exept leaks..

I don't know man if you can / want to fix those nasty leaks
It is good enough that mckill2009 has provided the idea of the trigger itself
Appreciate it ~.~

yeohxin said:
As I'd request it on a thread, thanks for reply. Someone done it for me already .

Awwww =D

Trydene said:
looks like a paladin name, i think i actually seen one named mckill on wow one time, gonna name the paladin in the map in the map ;)

You're not gonna name your Hero using my name then ?
=( haha

mckill2009 said:
UPDATE: Fire Titan Spell Pack
Fire Vortex (DONE by millzy)
Hotline (DONE by Mckill2009)
Flame Ball (DONE by Mckill2009)
Fire Up (DONE by Mckill2009)
Hellfire (inprogress-5%)

Keep up the good work !
And make sure...
At least try to fix the leaks, thank you =D

Hey all, I'm having problems with my PC
I'm gonna be a slow-progress person here because WE often crashes down (along with my PC, well actually, it's a laptop)
Hope you don't mind it takes like 2x time the normal

Level 29
Keep up the good work !
And make sure...
At least try to fix the leaks, thank you =D

Hey all, I'm having problems with my PC
I'm gonna be a slow-progress person here because WE often crashes down (along with my PC, well actually, it's a laptop)
Hope you don't mind it takes like 2x time the normal

why dont you re-install it?

btw dude, Im having diffuculty with hellfire, seems I cannot stop the
warstomp terrain deformation when the dummy casts it coz its ugly
...now the spell is 80% done...

Level 6
@dardas
i know you are trying too help but everything i try don't work at making a line

Level 33
mckill2009 said:
why dont you re-install it?

btw dude, Im having diffuculty with hellfire, seems I cannot stop the
warstomp terrain deformation when the dummy casts it coz its ugly
...now the spell is 80% done...

Well, I've got 2 PCs running around and I've got 2 home lol
50% lives in House A, 50% lives in House B
Yesterday, it was House A (which has OLD laptop... RAM 256..............)
Today, it is House B (which has medium old PC, with 2GB RAM ;D)
I'm working on it~!

Trydene said:
@defskull
i did put ur name in the map =) a good fit for my assasin hero ;) i put them mainly as last names so it wouldnt look as odd so i put it like James Defskull <Master Assasin>

WoW, James Defskull ???
How about, Strider Defskull ?
Hee Hee~

utha said:
@dardas
i know you are trying too help but everything i try don't work at making a line

Well, what is actually your problem... ?
Maybe I can help with that~

Updates:
Huntress Silvia spell pack is released.

EDIT:
Guys, I'm not hesitate to make another Hero Spell Request for Trydene...
Considering you guys are late, well, I can do it, most important, we saves time, right ?

Last edited:
Level 15

1 - Bioshock

* Releases a ball of energy that bounces between units damaging and slowing them until it runs out of energy. Damage dealt is proportional to the amount of energy left in the ball. Affects units in a 350 AoE and bounces to units to a limit of 600 range.

Level 1 - Deals 100 damage and slows by 60% the affected unit and half the damage and slow to nearby enemy units at the first bounce. Consecutive bounces lose 30% of the damage and slow power.
Level 2 - Deals 150 damage and slows by 70% the affected unit and half the damage and slow to nearby emeny units at the first bounce. Consecutive bounces lose 30% of the damage and slow power.
Level 3 - Deals 200 damage and slows by 80% the affected unit and half the damage and slow to nearby enemy units at the first bounce. Consecutive bounces lose 30% of the damage and slow power.

How does this works: a dummy in shape of a ball is created with a medium size at first. The ball leaves the caster in an arc and bounces to the selected unit and bounces over the head of the unit, dealing the first wave of damage (like a thunder clap). Then, if the ball finds another enemy unit to target to, it bounces over the next target's head (like a basketball) and deals half the damage and slow OR the ball bounces AGAIN over the first targeted unit's head.

And so on it goes, until the ball runs out of power (damage < 10)

The animation, as said before, is a ball that loses size as it bounces between enemies.
it BOUNCES over a unit's head, meaning it goes down and up once it hits the target.

2 - Plague

Curses a target enemy unit with a plague that increases damage taken and decreases movement and attack speed. The plague can be passed to another enemy unit that comes close to the affected unit. The plague gets stronger and stronger as it passes to other units, but can only affected a target a certain number of times. Lasts 7 seconds if not passed on and affects units in a 300 AoE.

Level 1 - Initially causes the affected unit to take 10% increased damage and have a 10% ms and as reduction. As it passes forward it gains 5% of power on each factor. A unit may only be affected by Plague 3 times and receive a max of 100% increased damage taken.
Level 2 - Initially causes the affected unit to take 15% increased damage and have a 20% ms and as reduction. As it passes forward it gains 7% of power on each factor. A unit may only be affected by Plague 3 times and receive a max of 100% increased damage taken.
Level 3 - Initially causes the affected unit to take 20% increased damage and have a 30% ms and as reduction. As it passes forward it gains 10% of power on each factor. A unit may only be affected by Plague 3 times and receive a max of 100% increased damage taken.
Level 4 - Initially causes the affected unit to take 25% increased damage and have a 40% ms and as reduction. As it passes forward it gains 10% of power on each factor. A unit may only be affected by Plague 3 times and receive a max of 100% increased damage taken.

im going to start your spells tomorrow arvo and plauge should be done that arvo.
bioshock well how your saying it will bounce untill it runs out of power and 30% is lost for each bounce its only going to be able to bounce 3 times
100-30=70 70-30=40 40-30=10 what to do with the last 10%

also the effect you after is going to be hard (you want the ball to be abouve the units heads and when it gets to the units drop and smash them in the head?)

somthing like this?
/\ /\
/ \ / \
/ \ / \
x x x

X - unit
/ - flight path

also if the ball has power but no units are close for it, it will just be removed

Level 10
Hey, Defskrull, I'd have some spell request which will be used in my map can you make it for me? +rep and credits will be given.Thanks
Requests:

Spell NameSpell info

Fireball
The Hero throws a fireball to a target. Dealing hero's damage (exclude bonus) and stun. This spell is auto castes when the hero is ordered to attack an enemy 300 range far away.
Magical ImplosionAfter channeled for 8 seconds, cause an implosion in a target area. Damage every enemy in that area for 1000 damage and cause an vortex in the middle of the implosion which absorb all enemy within 800 range inwards.
Magical StormTarget: No target/instance.
The hero channels great amount of magical energies creating an energy ball. This energy ball damaging nearby enemy 50 damage/second(600 range). After 5 seconds, the energy ball explode. Dealing 1500 damage to nearby enemy(600 range). And leave some small ball of energy around the hero(Locus swarm).
Frostbite The hero casts a powerful spell on an enemy. Freeze it if its int is lower then the hero(or if the target is non-hero). And Frostbite it if it it's int is higher than the hero. Frostbite deal 250 damage per sec and last for 3 seconds.Freeze last 5 seconds.
Lightning SplashAfter channeled for 1 seconds, a lightning ripples out from the hero and move towards the target. When it reached the target, it bounces to another target.(chain lightning)Max 2 target. Create a lightning split on both target.(fan of knife)
Lightning split(fan of knife): 600 AoE, unlimited target, each deal 50 damage.
Note: Lightning split is casted twice.Once on the first target, end time on the 2nd target.

Hope this is not too much for you.

Edit: If you need much deatiled info just tell me. By now all spells need to had 5 level. Above's value is the level 5's.

Level 12
Check Vizel's table and theory to make your mind clear up a bit =D
Good Luck millzy !
The download link to the updated table is fixed in that thread. Check that one instead of the one I posted in the thread. That one is outdated to go with his original specs. Although the theory is still there.

im going to start your spells tomorrow arvo and plauge should be done that arvo.
bioshock well how your saying it will bounce untill it runs out of power and 30% is lost for each bounce its only going to be able to bounce 3 times
100-30=70 70-30=40 40-30=10 what to do with the last 10%

also the effect you after is going to be hard (you want the ball to be abouve the units heads and when it gets to the units drop and smash them in the head?)

somthing like this?
/\ /\
/ \ / \
/ \ / \
x x x

X - unit
/ - flight path

also if the ball has power but no units are close for it, it will just be removed
You may want to use parabola formula for that, or else it will look weird. It'll be /\ instead of a curve. Up to Div how he wants it, and up to you if you're even up to being able to do it, though, lol.

I hate parabolas (Math-wise), ><

Level 11
i can help with parabola math, i can do a function that basicly takes like,
2 locations, 1 curve..
and automaticly fixes it up.
you just call the function, and it automaticly fixes height, you just gotta move the unit around.
(you gotta call the function each loop tho)

Level 37

Just out of interest, I checked out that spell.

The DPS trigger should look like this:
  • Damage Per Second
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Remaining time for (Last started timer)) Greater than 0.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Set AOE = (Units within 1000.00 of TargetLoc matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to True))
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in AOE and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Cause Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing 200.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_AOE)
        • Else - Actions
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TargetLoc)
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Otherwise it leaks, and does unnecessary function calls.

You could use Channel as the base ability, so one can change the Base Order Id and Target Type (point, unit, AoE).

It's a good practise to make spells MUI. That spell for example is quite simple, so it would be good practise for you to try to convert it to be MUI.

Happy spellmaking :)

Level 9
millzy, I was wondering if you could do some changes to the code.
Mostly about the numbers counting down on the left side of the screen.
Is there any way to remove those?

Also, if you fail to kill him - he continues his casting his spell endlessly.
Is there any way to make him stop casting his spell whenever there are no players around?

Level 33
So we can reguest spells here?

Yes, you can

Hey, Defskrull, I'd have some spell request which will be used in my map can you make it for me? +rep and credits will be given.Thanks
Requests:
Mage's Spell Pack

Spell Name Spell info
Fireball The Hero throws a fireball to a target. Dealing hero's damage (exclude bonus) and stun. This spell is auto castes when the hero is ordered to attack an enemy 300 range far away.
Magical Implosion After channeled for 8 seconds, cause an implosion in a target area. Damage every enemy in that area for 1000 damage and cause an vortex in the middle of the implosion which absorb all enemy within 800 range inwards.
Magical Storm Target: No target/instance.
The hero channels great amount of magical energies creating an energy ball. This energy ball damaging nearby enemy 50 damage/second(600 range). After 5 seconds, the energy ball explode. Dealing 1500 damage to nearby enemy(600 range). And leave some small ball of energy around the hero(Locus swarm).
Frostbite The hero casts a powerful spell on an enemy. Freeze it if its int is lower then the hero(or if the target is non-hero). And Frostbite it if it it's int is higher than the hero. Frostbite deal 250 damage per sec and last for 3 seconds.Freeze last 5 seconds.
Lightning Splash After channeled for 1 seconds, a lightning ripples out from the hero and move towards the target. When it reached the target, it bounces to another target.(chain lightning)Max 2 target. Create a lightning split on both target.(fan of knife)
Note: Lightning split is casted twice.Once on the first target, end time on the 2nd target.

Edit: If you need much deatiled info just tell me. By now all spells need to had 5 level. Above's value is the level 5's.

Okay, your request is accepted !

can help with parabola math, i can do a function that basicly takes like,
2 locations, 1 curve..
you just call the function, and it automaticly fixes height, you just gotta move the unit around.

I'm assigning you over Div's request
Good Luck !

Just out of interest, I checked out that spell.

The DPS trigger should look like this:
Trigger
Damage Per Second
Events
Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Remaining time for (Last started timer)) Greater than 0.00
Then - Actions
Set AOE = (Units within 1000.00 of TargetLoc matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to True))
Unit Group - Pick every unit in AOE and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Cause Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing 200.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_AOE)
Else - Actions
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TargetLoc)
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

Otherwise it leaks, and does unnecessary function calls.

You could use Channel as the base ability, so one can change the Base Order Id and Target Type (point, unit, AoE).

It's a good practise to make spells MUI. That spell for example is quite simple, so it would be good practise for you to try to convert it to be MUI.

Happy spellmaking :)

Thank you Maker for teaching me that =D
I'm moderate GUI triggerer and would like to learn more by helping people, it helps me too ;D

millzy, I was wondering if you could do some changes to the code.
Mostly about the numbers counting down on the left side of the screen.
Is there any way to remove those?

Also, if you fail to kill him - he continues his casting his spell endlessly.
Is there any way to make him stop casting his spell whenever there are no players around?

Which request are you talking about ?
The last request you made, eh ?
I'm sure millzy will work on that =D

===UPDATES===
*iAcce's Massive Spell is completed ! By completing the last request, Fire Titan's Spell Pack by mckill2009*
*Changed dardas' status back (he's active!)*
*Tasks has been re-assigned, check first post*

Level 6
@defskull
trying to make a line of fire for
Flames of Might (Ultimate)
-70 mana
-60 second cooldown
-15 second channeled spell
-Makes Mistress Rose to levitate a few yards into the air spawning a 10 yard line of flames 90, 180, 270, and 0 degrees around her causing 900 damage per second and every 5 seconds it randomly grips a random enemy or hero unit 10 yards away from Mistress Rose into the falmes during the channel.

but everything i try don't work for some reason

Level 33
Have you done the "levitation" animation yet?
If not, use this trigger:

• Fly
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Flames of Might
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Crow Form to (Triggering unit)
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 300.00 at 500.00
This will make the Caster, "fly"
Crow Form is under Unit Ability

Other than that, can you tell me, what progress have you made so far?
Trigger Tags please =D

Level 15
Zpider i have updated your spell :)

he will now only cast the spell if a unit is with in 1000 range of him and the text is removed(forgot to remove it i used for testing)

can help with parabola math, i can do a function that basicly takes like,
2 locations, 1 curve..
I'm assigning you over Div's request
Good Luck

so im no longer doing it? what am i to do

Attachments

• zpider updated.w3x
    291.8 KB · Views: 216
Level 9
Great will try it out now. Thanks yet again millzy.

EDIT: Yeah, well I didn't mean that text.
I ment the numbers on the left side of the screen that appears when the boss starts channeling the spell.
Is there any way to remove them?

EDIT: Okkies!

Last edited:
Level 15

Spell NameSpell info

Fireball
The Hero throws a fireball to a target. Dealing hero's damage (exclude bonus) and stun. This spell is auto castes when the hero is ordered to attack an enemy 300 range far away.
Magical ImplosionAfter channeled for 8 seconds, cause an implosion in a target area. Damage every enemy in that area for 1000 damage and cause an vortex in the middle of the implosion which absorb all enemy within 800 range inwards.
Magical StormTarget: No target/instance.
Lightning SplashAfter channeled for 1 seconds, a lightning ripples out from the hero and move towards the target. When it reached the target, it bounces to another target.(chain lightning)Max 2 target. Create a lightning split on both target.(fan of knife)

well iv got some questions for your spells

well im sorry i cant do the first

magic implasion - aftter the cast are you after something like fire fly out of this spell pack how long does it last?

magical storm - whats the ball after the spell do/how long does it last

lighting slash - im confused so it hits the first target and after that it splits in 2?

then after the splits again?

also u said 5 levels but never said what changes for each level

Level 37
Lady Emily's Spell pack is done
If you need any changes or question, please ask =D
Enjoy~

I was bored so I took a look at the spellpack. Here's some feedback.

Triggering unit works like a local variable, so
  • Custom script: local unit udg_Caster
is useless.
local udg_*something* is not the way to do things in my opinion. It's called global shadowing, and it was supposed to be fixed in 1.24b(?) patch, but it's not. It still works.

PN is not MUI due to waits.

These lines can always be positioned one after the the other. No need to have other actions between them.
  • Unit - Add Crow Form to (Picked unit)
  • Unit - Remove Crow Form from (Picked unit)
BE is not MUI, you use only one countdown timer.

BE and PN share the same location variable. Well, that's fine if the spells were MUI. Since the spells are not MUI, the location can be cleared by the other spell.

You should really have a look at indexing or hashtable tutorial.

Level 10
Answer for Millzy:
1. No, Magical Implosion is just a little like that.The hero channel for 8 second(nothing happened).Then create an implosion. dealing damage and suck enemy.(suck all enemy in area to the middle within 2 second.)
2. It last for 2(+2 per level)
3. The lightning(Chain lightning) goes to the first target then bounce to another, deal no damage. Then create a dummy at the first target's position and 2nd target's both dummy casts fan of knife.
4. sorry about that. Every skill's damage, cd, cast time, mana cost changes. By now you can just set an random amount and I will reset it when I copy it into my map. And if you don't mind may I add some spell into the pack?
Index:
1. Teleportation
2. Emerald Dream
3. Kalimdor's Power
4. Leaf Coverage
5. Overgrowth

Spell Name:Target:Effect:

Teleportation
Point. Using all the mage's current mana. Teleporting him to the direction.(means that the point targeted is just a direction) Teleportes him (Mana used x (level of ability x 25))range.
Emerald Dream Instance/ No targetThe durid's will goes out of his body. His body is paused. And we can control his "will". Goes to attack enemy.(You just use an random unit for the will. I'ill change it later)
Kalimdor's PowerSingle Target(enemy)The durid channels for power.Channels up to 20 seconds. Each second channeled dealing 25(+5 per level) Dps to every enemy within 1200 range. With every seconds channeled, its damage increased by 1(+2 per level, thus level 2 each seconds increase 3 damage).When the channels ends or aborted, it damages the target for (250(+250 per level) x seconds channeled)
Leaf CoverageSingle Target(ally/enemy)The durid cover a target with leaf. After 10(-2 per level) seconds the target is fully covered by leaf. The target cannot do anything. The effect last for 5(+1 per level) or 1 spell is used on the target.(It works like a shield used to block 1 incoming spell)
OvergrowthTarget Area(AoE 600)Vines every enemy within aoe. Cause them to take 25(+25 per level) dps and get slowed by 5%(+5 per level)

Level 33
Can I make that spell, into 2 separate maps ?
I want to lessen millzy's work lol

EDIT:
Teleportation skill is a bit weird...
WHY ?
If you say, the spell is like Leap, that's okay
BUT, the spell is Target-Point type
So, the player can control the range of the teleport
Why do you need "...Teleportes him (Mana used x (level of ability x 25))range..."
Can I just make the spell like Leap ?

EDIT 2:
I made some adjustment to Teleportation
It is Instant/No-Target Spell

Last edited:
Level 11
defskull, instead of a wait, and a timer,
you can fix it up in my 1 trigger. (1 for cast, 1 for timing)
make it run every 0.05 seconds, then do a loop for every index, (if you use indexing,
if you use hashtables, use a unit group)
then make a check if the count (which increases by 0.05 every run of the loop, make sure its array, so all units have a unique count), and when it reaches for example 5 (the duration), make it do something, then when it reaches 10 (the timer timing), make it do the other thing.
its 2 if then elses instead of 2 codes.. (if you need that, for poisiones nova)

Level 11
well, im at vb as you can remember..
well, im working with my friend,
we're doing a user interface program..
its basicly a program for shortcuts.
he makes graphics (hes amazing in 3d ;p)
and im making the codes, its an awesome practice :)
i've finished everything, exept a few stuff..
i actually need 2 things done, then its finnaly finished =]
1. sliding option (so it wont be allways visible, so it can just be hidden in destkop, when you press a ball picture that my friend made, it slides up and opens..)
2. save/load shortcuts, instead of re-opening it all, theres 60 buttons, so its kind of nuts..

well, back to topic:
it took me a while to learn indexing/hashtables, but it helped me ridiciulsly..
i've finishd learning indexing in gui, went to jass.. failed hard, went back to gui,
after like 3 months, i've started vjass, was hella easy, and thats how i got to how i am now in vjass :D

Level 12
Well, I was bored again. So I made yet another skill table! This time based on this post by Yeohxin.

I'm not putting this in table form, though. Just list form. Table takes too long, :)

I will go ahead and say this beforehand. Magical Storm's maximum damage output capability per target (MDOC) is FAR higher than the others in higher levels the way it is set up now. Also, the MDOC of Lightning Splash is rediculously low. It's max level is lower than the first level of any other ability. Frostbite is very low as well, considering it's a Single-target ability. It should be higher. I would propose a heavy levy on the damage of Magical Storm, and a huge increase on Lightning Splash and Frostbite. I will give a proposed new version as well, here.

Fireball is too much dependant on outside sources, so I wasn't going to try to come up with a damage table. Hero Damage calculation is in itself enough for me to turn away from even attempting. I'd need to make a table based on every level at every stat point distribution... Screw that. :)

In the tables below, the damage in parentheses are the MDOC per target for the level of the spell.

Magical Implosion
1: 4s Cast. 200 DMG. Pull within 400RNG. (200DMG)
2: 5s Cast. 400 DMG. Pull within 500RNG. (400DMG)
3: 6s Cast. 600 DMG. Pull within 600RNG. (600DMG)
4: 7s Cast. 800 DMG. Pull within 700RNG. (800DMG)
5: 8s Cast. 1000 DMG. Pull within 800RNG. (1000DMG)
MDOC 1000 @ Max level.
Remember this is a purely AOE ability, so the MDOC is sure to be lower per target, but overall (2+ targets) it will be much higher.

Magical Storm
1: 5s Channel @ 10DPS. 350RNG. BooM 300 DMG. Ball 2s @ 10DPS. (370DMG)
2: 5s Channel @ 20DPS. 400RNG. BooM 600 DMG. Ball 4s @ 20DPS. (780DMG)
3: 5s Channel @ 30DPS. 450RNG. BooM 900 DMG. Ball 6s @ 30DPS. (1230DMG)
4: 5s Channel @ 40DPS. 500RNG. BooM 1200 DMG. Ball 8s @ 40DPS. (1720DMG)
5: 5s Channel @ 50DPS. 600RNG. BooM 1500 DMG. Ball 10s @ 50DPS. (2250DMG)
MDOC 2250 DMG @ Max level.
This is OVER 2x more than the MDOC of the others. Next will be my proposed changes.

NEW Magical Storm
1: 5s Channel @ 10DPS. 350RNG. BooM 100 DMG. Ball 2s @ 10DPS. (170DMG)
2: 5s Channel @ 20DPS. 400RNG. BooM 125 DMG. Ball 4s @ 20DPS. (305DMG)
3: 5s Channel @ 30DPS. 450RNG. BooM 150 DMG. Ball 6s @ 30DPS. (480DMG)
4: 5s Channel @ 40DPS. 500RNG. BooM 175 DMG. Ball 8s @ 40DPS. (695DMG)
5: 5s Channel @ 50DPS. 600RNG. BooM 200 DMG. Ball 10s @ 50DPS. (950DMG)
MDOC 950 @ Max level.
Remember this is a purely AOE ability, so the MDOC is sure to be lower per target, but overall (2+ targets) it will be much higher.

Frostbite
1: TarINT<CasINT = Freeze 1s. TarINT>CasINT = 50DPS/3s. (150DMG)
2: TarINT<CasINT = Freeze 2s. TarINT>CasINT = 100DPS/3s. (300DMG)
3: TarINT<CasINT = Freeze 3s. TarINT>CasINT = 150DPS/3s. (450DMG)
4: TarINT<CasINT = Freeze 4s. TarINT>CasINT = 200DPS/3s. (600DMG)
5: TarINT<CasINT = Freeze 5s. TarINT>CasINT = 250DPS/3s. (750DMG)
MDOC 750 @ Max level.
Seeing as this is a Single-target ability, I find that it being less MDOC than the AOE abilities is not good. Yes, it freezes, but, even so, it should do a little more. Proposed change is below.

NEW Frostbite
1: TarINT<CasINT = Freeze 1s. TarINT>CasINT = 100DPS/3s. (300DMG)
2: TarINT<CasINT = Freeze 2s. TarINT>CasINT = 175DPS/3s. (525DMG)
3: TarINT<CasINT = Freeze 3s. TarINT>CasINT = 250DPS/3s. (750DMG)
4: TarINT<CasINT = Freeze 4s. TarINT>CasINT = 325DPS/3s. (975DMG)
5: TarINT<CasINT = Freeze 5s. TarINT>CasINT = 400DPS/3s. (1200DMG)
MDOC 1200 @ Max level.
Since it's Single-target, you should be using this in a single-target situation over an AOE spell, so the more DMG output will encourage this. You can put a bit of a higher mana cost on this, since it does freeze and do a fair amount of damage, but don't make it more than the AOE spells. That would defeat the purpose.

Lightning Splash
1: 1 Bounce. 1 Split. Split: 300 AOE. 20DMG ea. (20DMG)
2: 1 Bounce. 1 Split. Split: 400 AOE. 30DMG ea. (30DMG)
3: 2 Bounce. 2 Split. Split: 400 AOE. 30DMG ea. (60DMG)
4: 2 Bounce. 2 Split. Split: 500 AOE. 40DMG ea. (80DMG)
5: 2 Bounce. 2 Split. Split: 600 AOE. 50DMG ea. (100DMG)
MDOC 100 @ Max level.
That's WAY too low. That's practically worthless. Why would someone want to do 30 DMG to everything in range when they could do 200 DMG to everything in range with Magical Implosion? Also, it's all 1s cast. Below is my proposed change.

NEW Lightning Splash
1: 1 Bounce. 1 Split. Split: 300 AOE. 100DMG ea. (100DMG)
2: 1 Bounce. 1 Split. Split: 400 AOE. 200DMG ea. (200DMG)
3: 2 Bounce. 2 Split. Split: 400 AOE. 200DMG ea. (400DMG)
4: 2 Bounce. 2 Split. Split: 500 AOE. 275DMG ea. (550DMG)
5: 2 Bounce. 2 Split. Split: 600 AOE. 350DMG ea. (700DMG)
MDOC 700 @ Max level.
It's still lower than the rest, but that means you can lower the mana cost. This can be used for single- or multi-target, though, so don't lower it too much.

Now for the MDOC chart for the originals and then another for the new changes. I'll explain everything here.

MDOC Values
By this we see that the player would use the 2250 over anything else. If the mana cost was say 2x more than the rest, it would STILL be more efficient to use that because it has an INSANE MDOC per target, and that rises at an alarming rate for every target involved. Likewise, Not a single person would use the 100 MDOC ability, cause it's utterly worthless unless the enemy's health is under 100.

This is why the proposed changes I've given are as such. Here's the MDOC conversions for the "NEW" MDOC value of the changed abilities.

NEW MDOC Values
By this, we see they are much closer to each other. This allows the user to decide which to use in which situation.

For instance, if there's multiple enemies, and they're going to be standing in the same spot for about 7s or more, then Magical Storm (950 MDOC) would be a better use of the mana than anything else. However, if they're most likely going to move after being damaged, then Magical Implosion (1000 MDOC) would be a better choice.

Here, you see that Lightning Splash isn't worthless, as it can still keep up in damage, albeit it doesn't do as much, but it's still decent.

In order from least to most mana cost of these spells, I would order it as such:

1. Frostbite
  2. Lightning Splash
  3. Magical Storm
  4. Magical Implosion
You might wonder why I put Storm under Implosion. That's because it's a much more difficult ability to get it's MDOC out of than Implosion.

With just some random values, let's go with:

Random Mana Cost
Frostbite250

Lightning Splash

Magical Storm

Magical Implosion
Comments, suggestions, or more info, just ask in here, and I'll respond as best as I can. Values are subject to change. ;)

Last edited:
Level 33
Hey yeohxin, can you explain a bit about Leaf Coverage ???
I'm trying my best to understand it, so, here goes nothing...

If Target Ally: Gives 1 block-spell ability eh ?
If Target Enemy: Make the enemy cannot do anything ?

Is that it ?

For up until now, Teleportation, Emerald Dream and Overgrowth is DONE =D

EDIT:
Vizel, thanks for the table !

Level 12
That compilation took me almost 2 hours to complete. :)

Hence why I won't do them too often, lol. Although it IS a great distraction from working on my map...which for some reason I can't work up the motivation to do a simple import... Sigh. I better get on that.

Level 12
:O

I'm in credits for pointing out logic, and making tables and lists!

Awesome. I should do this more often, ;)

Level 33
Well, considering that you often visit this thread, making it more cheerful, so why should not I create a Credits table ?
It's a sign of appreciation =D
Thanks for all the support you guys in this forum THANK YOU !

EDIT:
I've made some changes to the Druid's Spell Pack
If you have any question regarding the map, feel free to ask me =D
Added Druid's Spell Pack

Last edited:
Level 6
Have you done the "levitation" animation yet?
If not, use this trigger:

• Fly
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Flames of Might
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Crow Form to (Triggering unit)
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 300.00 at 500.00
This will make the Caster, "fly"
Crow Form is under Unit Ability

Other than that, can you tell me, what progress have you made so far?
Trigger Tags please =D

here is what i have so far but it is not far cuz
1.i am stuck with how to make the effect
2.been busy with school and wrestling

• Flames of Might
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Divine Shield
    • Actions
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 150.00 at 75.00
      • Set FoMcasterLoc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set FoMtargetloc = (FoMcasterLoc offset by 200.00 towards 90.00 degrees)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to ((Integer((Distance between FoMcasterLoc and FoMtargetloc))) / 450), do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at FoMTemp[(Integer A)] using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl

Status
Not open for further replies.