• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New Huge Map, Could Use Tons of Help!

Is this too big of a project?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's reasonable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
First off, if you're asking what the poll is for, READ THIS FIRST!:
I'm making a new Everquest map that I can make all the units and crap so they are realistic. I can also make the tilests, but this is what I need help with:
1)A skinner/modeler to make the character model/skin realistic. This will be a tough challenge because I need 14-15 skins. Multiple skinners or modelers or mix of both would help.
2)Someone who has actually played or seen everquest being played that can make Icons. These icons are quite simple, and if I can get Ventura22@USWest to help, this will not be required. It would help if I could get this sooner, though.
3)Some really good triggerer(s) who have basic knowledge of the Save/Load feature. Special effect bonus is a true help to me also. The people/person who does this should have knowledge of Dialog/Leaderboard commands also.
4)IT'S THE CAMERAMAN! Someone who can use cameras wisely and well would truely help my expirement. I ask they make 3 sets of cameras, First-Person, Third-Person, and Controlable Style.
This is a huge project, and a huge map with a crapload of triggers and skins with icons and models will make this map a huge success. Once someone finishes their part and the project is complete, I'll have someone spread it (I can't host) throughout the net. If my minions could help me do this, that gives a great plus.
Once this project is done and you're face is all over the net about this huge map, all our fine work will pay off. I suggest the last person who wants to work on it protects it. This is too big of a project to allow others to take our credit.
Hope to see some posts, this project is huge!

Kamikazzee, the learning guy.

Level 5
Hi!

My email is [email protected]

I can do some triggers/units/spells and stuff like that. I haven't played Everquest before but I'm sure I can get it if you can't email it to me or something like that. I'm just thinking that it would be good if I knew what Everquest is like. You can email me, PM me or reply to this message if your interested in having me help. BTW I can send you some maps I've finished if you would like to see what kind of stuff I've done.

PEONMASTER

Level 6
Sure

Sure you can help, but there's a catch to playing Everquest. There is a $10 fee each month when playing Everquest, and that is specifically why the game is so popular (the company gets tons of money and improves on the game). I do not play it at the moment, but have played it before. Do a few Google image searchs on Everquest and Everquest 2, and check out the graphics and complicated things the game has on it.
Thanks for offering your help, I haven't gotten a response in about a week and a half. But I do have a few questions about your ability. If you could send me that map you are talking about to [email protected], I'd gladly take a look at it. Here are my questions:
1. Do you know how to make a Save/Load feature?
2. Can you make cinimatics?
3. Do you know absolutely anything about everquest?
4. Do you know how to do anything like modeling, skinning, JASS, icons, etc?
5. Do you have any successful maps that you made out on the net? If so, what area (USEast, USWest, etc)?
If you could answer those questions in another reply or a PM to me, I'd be grateful to know more about you.
Thanks for the offer,

Kamikazzee

Status
Not open for further replies.