• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with sounds upon unit death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Ok. so I imported a human archer model and created a new unit based on the Night Elf archer. Problem is that when said unit dies he releases that sound of a Night Elf archer dying, so I naturally changed the unit sound set to footmen, but my unit still dies like a NE archer(I did not check if his other voices were like a footmen, because this is in a cinematic and I have no use of any other sounds).

Anybody know if I can fix this?

Level 18
This depends on the model. Have Magos' Model Editor, open the Archer model, go to Windows -> Node Manager, and scroll down. You have some thingies whose name contains "SND". Those are sound events. Their icon should be like a photo camera or something. So... the name is "DTHSND" (death sound) or something... they are few sound events, one for death and two for attack, so it is easy to find it. Double-click it and you have a small window. You have a list f sound values. Select your sound (PriestDeath or FootmanDeath or whatever), click OK, save the model and re-import it.

Status
Not open for further replies.