• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help about Multiple Targets Weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I don't know how to figure it out , please help

I want to create missile weapon that can shoot 8x number of missile to one enemy

but if there are more than one enemy in range and i don't order my unit to focus on any enemy , the missile will attack with shared 8x missile to all enemy in range (example if there are 2 enemies it may attack one with 4x missiles and another with 4x missiles)

and this weapon also works when moving

the concept is The average-attack-power weapon that can fire while you are moving and can hit multiple target , but it would work best if there is only one target (because all missile will attack one target)

now I can create 8x missile that work while moving but i can't find how to unlock multiple target to weapon

thank you for every advise

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Do an area search and run the missle effect for each unit it picks up. You limit it to atmost 8 itterations and each itteration randomly chooses a unit. Check how psyonic storm works but instead of hitting all units, you just hit 1 with the missle launch.

You may need a special 8 chain move for focuse fire mode.

Level 1
there isn't any unit in game can do this :( ?

i think i will study from them

at least i saw mothership in cinematic can do this but it can't now :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFH9gG0NQBo

I've tried Effect - Search Area things but what I can do is making weapon attack each enemy with 8x missile (4 enemy = 32 missile)

but i will try again

thank you anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.