• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need an opinion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
ok this is my first real terrian that i starting making for my RPG map and i need an opinion and maybe how to improve it and still make it playable.
EDIT: please do not look at this one but the most current one i have posted on this thread.

Attachments

• Terrain SC.jpg
    Terrain SC.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Level 14
You got a good start here. Try making some variation on the ground and then place some rocks, trees and other stuff like grass and flowers.. Remember also to lower the rocks into the ground a little (ctrl + Page down) so that you don't see the 2d rocks!

Level 11
The foreground is really, really empty. There's like 4 flowers, 2 rocks and a couple of shrubs. Not to mention the house looks really bad, the models you used for structure are just bad. I would suggest finding more suitable models to make the house from. Sky doesn't look good.

Level 9
could you please give some links to some good models.. i am currently using ones from the Ultimate Terraining Map 2 from the Maps Section, i found some good housing models but they were .rar files and i dont have WinRAR. thanks for advice
EDIT: please make note that this is supposed to be playable and there is a doodad limit so i cannot simply overflow the map with doodads like in some terrains just for show.
i know it still looks bad.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.