• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My very first terrain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey guys =) This is my first try in the 2Ultimate Terraining Map. I uploaded two Terrains =) My first 2.

CREDITS: 2Ultimate Terraining Map / Blizzard Entertainment

Hope you will like it:

Nature's Balance
corruptio.png

North War
northrenddarkness.png

Last edited:
Level 17
So you don't have the terrains now? Perhaps set WE so that the map saves every half hour or so. Just so you can improve based on feedback.

Anyway, I think the first one is horrible. You've used the noise tool and the blizzard trees are fugly. I also spot some UTM trees. But they're all the same colour-wise. It is too green. Vary your trees a bit more. And never use the noise tool. It makes the ground look horrible.

The foreground also looks bland. Fix the noise and add some trees, shrubbery, rocks or something that will make the foreground slightly more appealing. And that ship in the lake? Make it a little bigger, or remove it.

Otherwise, good job.

The second one, I like the tile variation and the fact you've used UTM trees. However, the citadel tiles don't match. And the units kind of put me off too. >.<

Again, good job.

Level 18
for a first terrain, its decent ...way more decent then some other first terrain ive seen.

You could improve by learning the first rule of terraining : Never Ever use the NOISE tool to create inclines and declines. Instead, use the RAISE and LOWER tools, to create nice smooth hills that appear more realistic than noise.

the second thing you should know are that WE trees are all ugly. You should improvise by using the WORLD TREE doodad in the cinematic section, or import better looking trees from outside sources.

THE last thing you must know is to download the UTM ( ultimate terrainers map ) and it can be found in this forums section.

Level 8
Thanks for the comments guys =)

Since i cannot change these two, i think they will stay as memory for my very first terrains.

Lol, now i know that the NOISE tool makes it look horrible =)

Will make more, thanks again =)

Status
Not open for further replies.