• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Music Contest #2 Poll

Vote for your favourite entry!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the%20hive%20workshop.png

music.png
contest.png
number.png
2.png

poll.png

Environment: Desert

attachment.php

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.

prizes.png

• First Place: 40 reputation points and an award icon
  • Second Place: 25 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon

judges.png

• Nara-Shikamaru
  • Waldbear

contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

Theme
How well does it demonstrate the feeling of a desert/15

Creativity/Originality
How original is the piece? How creative are you with the theme/instruments/etc./10

Dynamic/Tonation
Basically, how well does it flow? Are accents used to good effect? Do overall levels make sense? etc./10

Composition
How well is it composed? Do the key changes make sense?/15
Final points will be determined 75% by judging and 25% by poll

entries.png

disclaimer.png

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs.​

Thanks to Watchman and Lich Prince for helping out with this poll!

Attachments

• The Hive Workshop Music Contest #2.zip
    32.3 MB · Views: 147
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 15
Great work, everyone! There was quite a wide variation of songs and many interesting ideas.

Narrowing down on my favorites...
JetFangInferno and ZippeR had the most refined and interesting entries, IMHO.
It was hard to choose between the two, as ZippeR had the most interesting rhythmic texture and ambiance, and JetFangInferno had the most interesting melody and orchestration. If I could vote for both, I would.

Level 5
Great work, everyone! There was quite a wide variation of songs and many interesting ideas.

Narrowing down on my favorites...
JetFangInferno and ZippeR had the most refined and interesting entries, IMHO.
It was hard to choose between the two, as ZippeR had the most interesting rhythmic texture and ambiance, and JetFangInferno had the most interesting melody and orchestration. If I could vote for both, I would.

exactly, they did a really good job. And my vote goes to JetFangInferno. :goblin_yeah:

Level 19
So far I only liked Zipper and Deepblades pieces.
The only problem was that I couldn't download JetFangInferno's piece.
I would suggest changing the download option because I couldn't be arsed try getting that thing for more then 10minutes. I was curious where JFI would come up with but he just missed a vote like this.
I voted for Zipper.

Level 8
And my favorites to be true still are Deepblade's intro and lexalex's 1st wip (which is definitely worth of finishing).
The most clean and accurate sound has, of course, JetFangInferno, but track ends little unexpectedly if it's not about to loop.
Thanks everyone for replies.

Level 35
@Teunscreemers: I don't know why, but I DID reupload a compressed version directly onto the Hive but it did not appear in my final post. Also, you could have listened to the song on the youtube video anyway since I appear last in the first video. Also, my song IS in "The Hive Workshop Music Contest #2.zip" located at the first page of the poll.

@ZippeR: Yeah I couldn't finish in time :p

And thanks for the encouraging comments everyone :)

Level 10
@Devine: I thought you said you were an asshole and weren't voting.

@chilla_killa: Rao's piece does give the feeling of the desert. If you think arabian scales and wind sound samples are the only thing that can make a song sound like a desert, then you, my friend shouldn't be posting here, no offense intended.

Level 10
You're wrong again. They fit the theme of the literal desert. Rao's piece reminisces of a city destroyed by a tragedy, desolate, with little life, empty and ruined. Let's see... are deserts desolate? Check! Do they have a lot of life in them? Wrong. Are they empty and ruined? Check => Desert.

The huge hot sandy place isn't the only definition for the word "desert". Get my point?

Level 35
Actually, Watchman you have a valid point but you cannot argue that chilla_killa's (subjective) perception of music is wrong. We are all entitled to an opinion so lets not impose a view onto others who feel differently. Arguing over something as subjective as musical preference is like arguing whether a cup is half empty or half full -- you can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.