• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Music Contest #1 - Races

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
How the hell was a 1-minute piece only 3.3 kb? Anyway, the "flute" sounded way too synthetic. It needs to sound more flute-like. Other than that, maybe it could have done with a counter melody, or something else playing over the back of the flute.

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried to make the flute sound a little better, but I'm pretty limited in terms of instrument patches. Also, I did have a counter-melody being played by the strings, but I guess it wasn't loud enough, so I added a slight crescendo. If you still can't hear it, try listening to it with a louder volume.

Attachments

• The Tauren WIP1b.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 50
Level 7
Okay, so I had to do it :/

This is far from final, but it's getting there. Since I won't have free time for a week now, so yea...

Work from Qubase+FL, using East West Symphonic Orchestra Gold bundle.

Guess my theme. :p

Last edited:
Level 12
Syleona, your music reminds me of my bloodlusty matches on Unreal Tournament 2004. (so it would mean star Mainly Assault/Onslaught matches :O I can't identify a race for this, since it looks more like starcraft then warcraft for me.) This is gonna be really good... the two samples we had so far are awesome.

Level 10
Well, even us mortals must one day do something. I'll be uploading something I made with GutarPro5
lol it takes too long to find a goddamn converter
Just dont know if there's a crystalish cave race :p 'Think first, then act' rarely comes into use, but here it could be applicable D:

Last edited:
Level 10
Ok, here it comes!
Don't forget to unrar it :hohum:
EDIT: Oh, and since AIMonkeys wrote the first three verses of Shakespere's swan-like thingy poem, I think that coincidences could appear.
Oh.
My.
God.
I didn't notice that the person above me is working for Ubisoft, so couldn't resist.
Wait, I'm fixing the rar, to include an explanation.

Attachments

• The Cavern-Darkgamma.rar
    5.9 KB · Views: 72
Level 19
:O

And guess what, I'm entering this one :p

Here's some of my old stuff of what I can do:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/sound-music-art-290/syleonas-music-art-93785/

So fear me! :3 hehe :) This will be fun.

Finally, someone that understands music rather then pressing random buttons in a music program that has nearly nothing to nothing to do with actual music. I can hear you know stuff about basic music in here by the choice of your chords.
I'm in my 1st grade of one of hollands conservatories studying bassguitar so I'm not a classical music "expert" but I can recognize music where someone understands his music and I hear that with your stuff. I might be completely wrong and you all made this with a random program like euhhh frutty loops or something, but this is just what it looks like.

I myself are working on a 'human' theme that looks a bit like the lord of the rings background music. I'm making this on Cubase on my piano so everything is really played and you won't hear those computer sounds when I create something:)

Level 49
Ok, here it comes!
Don't forget to unrar it :hohum:
EDIT: Oh, and since AIMonkeys wrote the first three verses of Shakespere's swan-like thingy poem, I think that coincidences could appear.
Oh.
My.
God.
I didn't notice that the person above me is working for Ubisoft, so couldn't resist.
Wait, I'm fixing the rar, to include an explanation.

Sounds rather fitting for Night Elves or even more specifically, Faerie Dragons.

Level 10
Sounds rather fitting for Night Elves or even more specifically, Faerie Dragons.

It's not really nice for the Elves themselves, since they're wood-like.
Oh, and I've got an idea!
Since I've been doing most of my work on paper sheets, I might get some of the original steps (This is for the aristocratic, oligarchical people who want WIPs).

I don't actually know, debode, where should I put it; It sounds icy and dark, reminds me of Okami...
Well, either Faerie Dragons or Human, and I say... well... Faerie sound a bit more tense, but Human music is mostly royal.
So, whatever, I'll change it to "Faerie Dragons", thanks, debode :)
Also, I've messed with a few of the jingles, the rythm and changed some instruments.

Attachments

• The Cavern-Darkgamma.rar
    5.9 KB · Views: 58
Level 10
I made a joke and put together a list of ppl who I 'hate'. At first, it was a super joke, but it backfired and now I'm f*cking trying to repair the bond, and it's sufficient to say that I'm furious and shitted-up inside.
Oh, and she's a shy lil' cute girl, a bitch inside (most of the time).

can we use garage band?
(from mac)

im thinking of doing something starcraft (terran) sort of music

thats the best music ever.

just incorporated into one of these races

There is nothing wrong with using Garage Band - all methods of music production are allowed - the only reason ejay was denied was because ejay is completely sample based. If you do use any sample, make sure to provide the creator/source site you got them from.

All styles of music are allowed also, so don't think that this contest is limited to orchestral/classical/warcraft style works. I'm hoping that we will get a nice wide variety of submissions.

Level 12
Just added some more stuff, and tweaked a bit here and there.

In this new part, the drums call the hunters to pick up their spears and bows, and ready for the hunt. This will eventually segue into a bold, heroic theme as the hunters run out onto the open plain, although I have not yet worked that part out.

C&C is, as alway, greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• The Tauren WIP2.zip
    6 KB · Views: 66
Level 6
I'm in. I've made music before but i've already posted it so i'll have to make something new :p

anyway, 1 question. Do we have to make a song about those races that are on the list or can we make it about any race?

Level 6
well, after some thinking and some more thinking, i've decided to make a song for the troll race (well, any tribal race would do). It sounds to me as it were a song to call down rain or something.
Changed my mind. My music is still here, but i think it suits the draenei race more, and besides, it is probably my favorite warcraft race :)

anyway, this is what i came up with in about 15 mins, i will add some more instruments and make a proper ending some other time

(and will change that guitar-like sounding thing, just too lazy to do it now :p )

My former post

Anyway, i added a flute cause it sounded Draeneish (unlike the bad guitar which i had eariler). Added a brass-like instrument. And well, that's pretty much it. May make some adjustments but this is what it's going to sound like.

Attachments

• DraeneiMusic.mp3
    4 MB · Views: 148
Last edited:
My former post

Anyway, i added a flute cause it sounded Draeneish (unlike the bad guitar which i had eariler). Added a brass-like instrument. And well, that's pretty much it. May make some adjustments but this is what it's going to sound like.

Wow, I love where this is going. Nice build up overall

Level 10
My former post

Doesn't sound too Draeneish, if you ask me, it's a tad bit tribal.
Oh, and the entry must be new.

Level 15
My former post

3/5

it doesn't fit the current dranei music or wc3 as of now, however the piece on its own is still a 3/5. i recommend shortening the beginning by small seconds, the tic-toc makes you impatient.

Status
Not open for further replies.