• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Moongate - [Playable Terrain/No Imports]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Hey all

I've been wanting to terrain playable stuff for a time...

And I made a melee map. I left the minimap on the screenshot, so you can see it.

Attachments

• Moongate.jpg
    Moongate.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 243
Level 34
It's better than Blizzard, but still too much like theirs. I guess I'd like to see a more unique style of map. I made a melee map with a sort of dungeon, and bases that held two players.

For a good old fashioned melee map, it's pretty darn sexy.

Edit: I think that some of those shore lines need smoothing. They don't quite look right.

Level 34
GUI kicks ass... Without it, not much great maps would spawn...
Yeah no. GUI is just a user friendly interface that hinders you. I'm glad it's there too, but most quality maps are made in JASS. Except EotA, it defies logic.

Level 36
There are way more quality maps that have creators with no experience of jass at all...

Like Pass the Bomb, WWZ, Real Life for Morons...

That stuff is different. Not good because of the triggers, but because of the concepts. Real life for Morons is... well not that good imho.

Just had to have the last word ;)
Can we see the rest of the terrain?

Level 28
Sure.

Also, you may notice that I was very lazy when making the map, and it is not detailed.

It was just for... huh... I wanted to make a melee/playable thing!

Attachments

• Moongate1.jpg
    Moongate1.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 117
  • Moongate2.jpg
    Moongate2.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Moongate3.jpg
    Moongate3.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 91
  • Moongate4.jpg
    Moongate4.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 65
Level 10
Well in my opinion their bad. Not just that you didn't put any work into them. But it's really small, unless your just showing a playable map. Which is confusing why it's so small.

You should REALLY try to put effort, don't say you didn't put any effort. Because whether you did or not, it gives a bad immpression sometimes.

Playable maps are extremely easy to do anyways. What is this anyways?

Level 18
i like this alot. i really like the glow effect torches have at night :)

by the way, blizzard melle maps ( if you look closly at them ) have horrible terrains.
except the newest ones that are coming out of the patches.

why ? rocks floating on fuckin cliffs ... looks nasty.
doodads are most of the time very ugly and random.

the only reason blizzard melle looks GOOD is the way the tileset is layed out, and the
their waterfalls.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
sorry for the off topic.

when your done with this map, can we have it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.