• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Moon Disc Spell Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Credits to Azure Phoenix for the moon disc model. I'm trying to make a GUI spell called "Let the Moon Disc Shine!''. I don't know where to get started, the effects of this spell is that it creates a moon disc on a specific location where it was cast and in about 2 seconds. The enemy units on foot of the moon disc gets pulled on to the center and damaged by 250. Any chance to make this work as GUI? Model - Moon Disc

I know its super hard but please i rly need it :(

+ rep, + follow

Last edited:
Level 39
I made a spell very similar to this in GUI for my Spell Request Thread. With some modifications, "Singularity" in that thread might work for you... or the map could be broken entirely because it uses game cache save/load and H2I. I really don't know because it's been so long since I made the spell, but that is a starting point for you or anyone else who wants to tackle this request. Anyone is free to use all or part of my code as long as they credit me.

In all honesty this wouldn't be that hard with GUI knockback system (I'm sure those exist in the resource section here, give it a search). If it doesn't need to be MUI at all then it's simple even without a knockback system.

Level 2
Huh, It showed a error called Line 350,377,397 Expected a function name and line 420 expected a name line 424 expected 'endif' on singularity periodic :(

Level 39
I opened up the version of the spell I submitted to wc3c and it turns out it doesn't use any old broken things OR gamecache calls that are now obsolete, so you're in luck. Attached is a working, saveable version of the map. Run it and see how the spell works. What you need to do is configure a lot of things so that it doesn't push units away from the caster, doesn't deal damage to them, and only lasts 2 seconds. That should be doable using all the config variables. But to clarify this what you want to happen, right?:
  • Spell is cast
  • Moon appears on target point instantly
  • Units on the moon are pulled into the center for 2 seconds, this pulling starts as soon as the moon appears
  • Units are damaged when they reach the center?
  • After 2 seconds the spell ends and all units are released

Note: this spell is not really GUI, it's a JASS spell at heart just displayed visually in GUI.

Attachments

• Singularity.w3x
    115.1 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.