• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Models that don't work anymore for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
The model 'CrocodileGateStone' doesn't work anymore (always black):
The model 'CrocodileGateStone' is completely black after it's imported. The correct paths were inserted and the map was reloaded. But the model is now completely black. Possibly the last patches broke it?
Here it is:
CrocodileGateStone

The model 'RuinHead' doesn't work anymore (Stone Head doesn't appear):
The model 'RuinHead' called 'Name' in the model section doesn't work anymore, the stone head model doesn't appear, only the gras can be seen. The path was correctly written and i reloaded the model in the editor. Possibly one of the latest patches broke it? Here it is:
Name
I have just found out that the datas for the CrocodileGateStone model for some reason affect the RuinHead (Name) model sothat the stone head doesn't appear anymore.

Last edited:
@Zordrak

I imported the model and it works as intended and does not cause any mayor issues.
I imported tested it on the latest patch.

CrosHead.PNG

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!

Did you import the included textures?
Because if you have, then this might be your problem. You DO NOT NEED to import the textures, because it is a leftover from a time where the site before Hive did need textures for every model, even if they did use in-game textures entirely.
Just import the .mdx file AND NOT the .blp files and you should be fine.

I have updated the model to only include the .mdx file.

Level 7
@Zordrak

I imported the model and it works as intended and does not cause any mayor issues.
I imported tested it on the latest patch.

View attachment 306281

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!

Did you import the included textures?
Because if you have, then this might be your problem. You DO NOT NEED to import the textures, because it is a leftover from a time where the site before Hive did need textures for every model, even if they did use in-game textures entirely.
Just import the .mdx file AND NOT the .blp files and you should be fine.

I have updated the model to only include the .mdx file.
Ok, Thanks! I will import it as you said. These two texture datas also caused the model RuinHead to glitch so that the head disappeared. Do you also know why the wall model in the map 'Human Error' appears completely white when i play the map? For every other user the model works properly when they play the map. I already tried to change the graphic settings but that didn't help. Is possibly just my computer performence not sufficient?

Ok, Thanks! I will import it as you said. These two texture datas also caused the model RuinHead to glitch so that the head disappeared. Do you also know why the wall model in the map 'Human Error' appears completely white when i play the map? For every other user the model works properly when they play the map. I already tried to change the graphic settings but that didn't help. Is possibly just my computer performence not sufficient?

I have no idea what you are talking about and I don't think it has anything to do with this subject.

Level 7
I explained that in the map 'Human Error' (it's also on Hive) the wall models appear white for me. But for every other user the models are fully visible as they are supposed to be. And i have no real idea what could cause that.

Level 7
Maybe ask the author of the map to look into it and try to fix the issue himself? Maybe it is a bug that is very minor and can be fixed easily.
I have imported one of the affected models into my map, and it was still white. I just wonder if my computers are not sufficient for these models because on my other old computer it's the same case. When my map is updated you could possibly look at it in the editor and check if the egyptian wall model works or not.

Level 7
I have now found out what was going on with the models in 'Human Error' and the 2 imported models in my map: They are all perfectly working and are correctly imported. After a member downloaded my map and watched at the 2 imported models in it he could see them clearly and completely. The same applies for the models in 'Human Error'. Obviously my relatively old computer is just not sufficient for these 2 relatively new very detailed models, or my wc3 installation is partially corrupted for some reason. Anyway, as long as the models generally work and all other people can see them in my map i am satisfied with the result. Possibly i will try to reinstall wc3 in future to check if that could help. I have updated my map recently by the way.
:infl_thumbs_up:

NEW INFORMATION: I have now tested the affected models and the map Human Error on another (relatively old) computer that has approximately the same technical status as my main computer. And it was the same result there: the models are white. So it really happens that some models can just not be shown properly on some old computers that haven't the necessary hardware requirements.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.