• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Modeling Contest #11 - Chimeras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 45
Spread word of his return.

attachment.php

Attachments

• pain.png
    pain.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 758

TDR

TDR

Level 18
READ THE USER REFERENCE!

And I think "chimera" has gotten a bit out of hand here...it's supposed to be made out of real, existing animals not imaginary ones...that way any fantasy creature could pass as a chimera...which is bogus...imo

READ THE USER REFERENCE!

And I think "chimera" has gotten a bit out of hand here...it's supposed to be made out of real, existing animals not imaginary ones...that way any fantasy creature could pass as a chimera...which is bogus...imo

Well, mine sorta has bird front legs, a beak, a wolf body, and sonar like a bat.

I guess.

Level 10
I think the problem is that the half towards the middle is a lot shinier. There's those vertical lines that fuck it up.

EDIT:
I marked it in the below pic, can't see it from the thumbnail though.

Attachments

• Dio wat.jpg
    Dio wat.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
"Still"??

And his post isn't in the wrong forum, necessarily; he's talking about joining this contest, but has a (small) question as to how to start. It doesn't make sense (SNES :p) to start a whole new topic in the right forum, just to ask such a simple, related question.

And I don't consider it "wrong" to help out people, regardless of where they post.

And you phail. :/

DevineArmy said:
any1 nos wich icons i need 2 use in my new spellp4x?
I would check the Icons section, linked here or at the top of the page.
:D

~~~

Sorry for going off-topic, all.

Level 30
"Still"??

And his post isn't in the wrong forum, necessarily; he's talking about joining this contest, but has a (small) question as to how to start. It doesn't make sense (SNES :p) to start a whole new topic in the right forum, just to ask such a simple, related question.

And I don't consider it "wrong" to help out people, regardless of where they post.

And you phail. :/

I would check the Icons section, linked here or at the top of the page.
:D

~~~

Sorry for going off-topic, all.

wth?
This is NOT the right thread nor is it the right forum. This is the arena. He could have asked it in the Modelling and animating board. Or even better ... he could have searched the forums and noticed that thousands of noobs also asked the same question. Or he could have read the stickied post "modellers, a must have".
~~~~~
now back on topic :p

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I never said it was the "right" thread. I'm just saying that it's a good place to ask that question, due to the circumstances. He's not asking it on some other type of contest; he's asking on a Modelling contest thread.

Moreover, it's not just some random Modelling question, but it's actually a question that is directly involved with this Contest (and thus, this Thread).

Furthermore, it just doesn't make sense to start a whole new topic for the express purpose of asking that simple (and Thread/contest-related) question. Yes, he could've searched for it; I'll give you that. But it's not like some big travesty.

Finally, how does it hurt me to help other people?

TDR

TDR

Level 18
There's a slight chance that I might not finish this time either, because I was just offered a 3D environment/character modeler position at Gameloft and I have to take a test that'll take 1 week, starting from now...so yeah...

Level 27
Well, poop. My plans to do everything in the week I have off next week are blown due to the fact that I have a family vacation planned, and nobody told me it until last night.
And I thought I could break my lazy chain. Oh well, maybe another day. I'll judge this one.
EDIT: Oh, LT is doing it? I thought only mods could. Oh well. Nevermind, I wont need to judge now.
*maybe* I can squeeze out the time to do the model. Maybe.
--donut3.5--

Status
Not open for further replies.