• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Missing Link Found For Evolution Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 40
There already was incredibly strong evidence (note: there is never proof). There has been for ages.

For example, we can relate our 46 chromosomes to the 48 of the other great apes due to the fact that one of ours is actually a fusion of two of theirs.

This is just yet another piece of quite neat evidence. The reason they call it "proof" is because Darwin always said there should be transitional fossils so whenever you used any other evidence the YECs would go on about how Darwin said so (as if we should for some reason care) and thus we needed transitional fossils. Well, we already had them, but now we have one which is undeniable.

--

YECs are idiots. Old news.

--

A better article

Last edited:
Level 25
I know there were plenty of other evidence to support the theory, but now it's a completed theory... in fact, it's not even considered a theory anymore since it has been proven in just about all ways. I'm curious what anti-darwin believers will say now...

Level 14
1.) I'm pretty much cynical of everything, so I have to say this: It's probably a fraud.

2.) If it's the real "missing link" how does it disprove religion, Craka? Not that I want this to turn into a religious debate (which I don't) but the, forgive me, arrogance in your statement was astounding.

Level 25
Well, for example, there's some priest or preacher in Borat that pretty much puts evolution down and basically pointing out that it's a fraud by saying "Well I'm not an ape now". He's pretty much preaching that evolution isn't real and that all human kind started as they are now...

And yes, I am arrogant as hell when it comes to shitting on religion. I hate it with an utter disgusted fucking passion.

Level 12
Religous people will always go on continuing their religion, becuase we cant prove that there is an immense being out there or not, and neither can they.

But thats rather interesting news.... This will probably start a religous flame war somewere on earth.

Level 14
All my point is, that the belief of one man (in your example) or of many people doesn't make it true.

The first books of the Bible aren't meant to be taken literally. They're supposed to be read as a poem/story.

The gal of anyone (religious or not) to say they know exactly how the universe was created and Humans came to be, is incredible. Who's to say that God didn't make the Big Bang (or whatever version of creation you subscribe to) and then proceed to create all that is. Who's to say how long each Biblical "Day" was? The Sun/Moon weren't created until the Fourth "Day" (forgive me if I'm wrong, it's been awhile) so who's to say that each "Day" wasn't a billion of our years.

Anyway, my point is, don't discount religion altogether just because of the ramblings of some crazy-ass preacher who obviously didn't study the Bible and the context of the Bible enough to actually make a coherent argument.

:)

Back to the missing link, sorry for rambling.

Level 27
Everyone will go on believing what they believed before,
I dunno, there could be some people who were waiting for something like this to prove them right or wrong.
I hate it with an utter disgusted fucking passion.
Why?

"This fossil will probably be the one that will be pictured in all textbooks for the next 100 years."

I'd bet.

Level 40
But thats rather interesting news.... This will probably start a religous flame war somewere on earth.
Already has. The lunatics fundamentalists are whining about google having it as their logo, among other things.

I dunno, there could be some people who were waiting for something like this to prove them right or wrong.
Not at all. They were saying this didn't exist because no one had shown it to. Now that that crutch for their pathetic hypothesis has fallen, they'll just grab on to another one.

1.) I'm pretty much cynical of everything, so I have to say this: It's probably a fraud.
I'm cynical, but I doubt it's a fraud. Either way, we'll see.

Level 4
I am a person of faith and I neither reject this or feel that it has weakened my beliefs at all. Anyone who interrupts religious text literally are the only individuals who might disapprove of this. But what would life be without different view points. I know for sure this smiley is rejecting this entire topic :pal:

Level 27
Not at all. They were saying this didn't exist because no one had shown it to. Now that that crutch for their pathetic hypothesis has fallen, they'll just grab on to another one.
Yeah, but I'm not talking about those people. I suspect there's, at the very least, one person out there who was waiting for something like this to make up their mind.

Level 25
Religion is forced upon you or so society tries to dictate into your lives. I used to believe in god, Jesus, all that good stuff, but I started questioning it all eventually and making sense out of it. I've been told the whole "the bible is a poem/metaphor" theory but if that's the case, why do religious figures such as priests act as though it is all or majorly literal? So I declared myself an Athiest and when people asked what I believed in, I'd say "nothing" and apparently that means I'm a great supporter of the devil (whom is also another fairy tale character) and Christians and Catholics (mainly Christians) feel like they must save me from the eternal lasting fires of Hell and somehow convince me that there is a superb being that none of us can see or perhaps haven't noticed. When they realize nothing is working, everyone gets super hostile on me and that's when I decided that Religion (or at least Christianity and Catholicism) are unnecessary. I mean at first I thought "Hey! Religion is great for some people because it gives them that sort of pride and hope and can actually change a bad person into a good person. Also, look at all war heroes... they all believe in god/Jesus" so I was neutral until I get bombarded for not being a Jesus freak.

That is why I hate Christianity and Catholicism with an unforgiving passion and will never change that, so thanks to the Oh So High and Mighty believers, I'm ignorant about religion with an arrogant attitude about it.

I think it's a great find because it's one step closer to disproving the ignorant assholes who said it isn't true. Sure they can say "Oh they lied though!" but even then they look stupid since scientific AND visual proof supports the evolution theory now more than ever and at this point, if you denied it, there's no point in even arguing with that kind of person because they're usually the type who won't accept anything that goes against their present/previous beliefs and will simply block out whatever says otherwise...

Plus, I'm very interested in this sort of stuff... archeology and all the discovery of really old artifacts, remains, civilizations, etc. so that's another reason I was so quick to post this.

Level 12
A) Fraud, Anti-Darwinians take a dump on Darwinians.
B) Real, Darwinians take a dump on Anti-Darwinians.
C) God destroys the earth and ends such retarded discussions.
D) Moderator closes this thread and ends such retarded discussions.
E) People wonder what they are supposed to talk about since this thread was pretty much created with the intention of starting a shit storm. Just read Craka_J's comments on religion.
F) Shit storm

Level 27
That is why I hate Christianity and Catholicism with an unforgiving passion and will never change that, so thanks to the Oh So High and Mighty believers, I'm ignorant about religion with an arrogant attitude about it.
I'd appreciate it greatly if you didn't lump all religion in with Christianity. There are many other religions, and a lot of them are very different from Christianity.

Status
Not open for further replies.