• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Minimap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
I was wondering how to resize the minimap of the map to the position I want? Let's say, map is kinda big and I want my minimap to display only the small part of it. I've seen it in a few maps and I realised that it might be pretty useful for my map.

"Yeah" is so useless it's like.. SO useless.

I think what you're talking about is the camera bounds editing, it's Camera>Edit Camera Bounds I believe. The minimap, however, becomes kinda bugged - it shows the same minimap, with a smaller area though. Hard to explain. To get the region for it, just use a region and then adapt it - the trigger makes it a bit larger than the region that you've selected.

Level 31
Ah. Crap.. I've posted this thread not reading this section's purpose.

Belgarath, I need something like that, but the exact thing I need is that my minimap should display only the part. I've seen few maps that hasn't got minimap bugged. Is there any way to make minimap to display only the part of it? On my situation, changing bounds is useless for me, since you can still see full minimap.

Level 8
Ah. Crap.. I've posted this thread not reading this section's purpose.

Belgarath, I need something like that, but the exact thing I need is that my minimap should display only the part. I've seen few maps that hasn't got minimap bugged. Is there any way to make minimap to display only the part of it? On my situation, changing bounds is useless for me, since you can still see full minimap.
Take a above view screenshot of only that section, then use triggers to replace a players minimap whenever they go there (or something along those lines). Or you can make the map @ the top left, make it really big, screenshot, then edit untill you get that porportion; after that, use triggers like my last suggestion.

I've never done it, so I'm just guessing. I know that one of the better sheep tags had what you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.