• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Create Custom Minimap Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys!

I am having a problem with my self-made minimap icons - they don't display properly. Neither in the editor, when i want to select them in the Game Inferface Options for a replacement for the neutral shop (UI\Minimap\minimap-neutralbuilding.blp) nor ingame. Ingame i either have a horizontally white-striped image or a black screen on the minimap.

Attempting to find a solution i stumbled across threads where people uploaded their self-made minimap icons, like the one attached below (minimap-gold_1thirds.blp). I tried it out and it worked just perfectly (in the editor and ingame).
The other attachment (house_blue) is my self-made icon. I can't find any differences in the data properties of the 2. I also tried using different names and import paths to overwrite the UI\Minimap\minimap-neutralbuilding.blp. Nothing worked and I feel pretty lost.

Help would be very much appreciated!

Attachments

• minimap-gold_1thirds.blp
    2.9 KB · Views: 21
  • house_blue.blp
    1.5 KB · Views: 14
  • house_blue.png
    house_blue.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 19
Level 2
Thanks for your answers guys! But all you said is what i already tried. The icon is 16x16 and i tried to set it with the special mini map icon. Which technically works but as i said it doesn't display correctly.

I think the problem lies within the image properties of the icon i created. Although as i said: i cannot find a difference there. Both (my icon and the one that i found at the hive workshop that works ingame) are 16x16x32 and both are blp.

Level 2
Thanks a lot BloodSoul, that was the fix. The problem was that i was not clever enought to safe the alpha channel as a TGA file and then the alpha channel got lost. I just got it working! =)

Level 2
I know I'm 2 years late but I found where the problem is.
Your icon (house_blue.blp), from attachment, is saved as BLP2 which is used in WoW.
Remember to use BLP Lab and save as BLP1.

Status
Not open for further replies.