• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Mapping Contests: The Drums in the Dungeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
@matija
sry cannot test it today, but will do it soonest possible.

About my wip today i will may add it.
Has one new spell, new combinations. And most of all first phase with last boss, many changis about systems, bosses spells damage, etc. Some spells willl require bigger level to be used. Will add some kind of survive. Btw phase with last boss is just beggining, I have a lot to do with my terrain.

Level 25
MaTiJa97, you should save different versions of your map.

EDIT: Melee combat is looking good.

Ranged aiming is bad; you should nudge the camera left/right on a key press to fine-tune your aiming. Arrow key delay means that you have to hold the key for at least half a second, and at the point that it finally moves, it's gone too far.

Fun fact: one of creeps in my map looks exactly like Hammer's avatar :D

EDIT: Full controls.
Use F1, F2, F3, F4 before or after pressing F4 to use different skills. Get the hang of controls first, then use ESC to spawn skeletons in the middle of the map. THEY WILL ENGAGE YOU IF YOU GET NEAR!!! If you die, feel free to restart the map.

Attachments

• MMCD.w3x
    5.8 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Level 37
These are the bosses:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/inquisitormalendis-200540/?prev=search%3Dlich%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D200
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/brutal-lord-204070/?prev=search=brutal&d=list&r=200

And one model from the Russian site. Some kind of Bone Dragon.

I'll almost completely focus on the boss fights, meaning terrain and all the extra stuff won't be such a high quality. The boss fight will be used in a way or another in The Chose Ones campaign. So, in other words I kill two birds with one stone. Oh, I just love that.

Level 3
I'm out. Been slacking for the past couple of weeks to work on pointless "school work." Pfft. Anyways it was fun while it lasted!

I still haven't bailed out yet, although for the past week I've done near to no progress on my entry. Pity as for if I could of actually possibly had as much time as I usually spend on my entries it would be so much more complete. This meaning my map would be playable but mostly a beta. :\

Note that I like aiming for quality over quantity as this map will be continued after the contest. I make maps even in contests for the joy more than to win really.

Last edited:
AI Progress:
Cleric - 80%
Mage - 70%
Sharpshooter - 15%
Guard - 0%

I'll call my AI "done" when I can complete the game in Casual difficulty mode with one hand tied behind my back.

As I remember, your AI was already good enough once your heroes were possessed, which means they were very good at killing once they turned against you :D

I will upload some more WIP by monday. Anyway, I was wondering if my map is big enough. There is a solid big starting room where you will spend a few minutes, mostly for tutorial; then, some halls and room, secret passages and stuff, which will take about 10-15 minutes. And then 5 more minutes of pure awesomeness produced by the boss-fight. Big enough?

Level 25
I will upload some more WIP by monday. Anyway, I was wondering if my map is big enough. There is a solid big starting room where you will spend a few minutes, mostly for tutorial; then, some halls and room, secret passages and stuff, which will take about 10-15 minutes. And then 5 more minutes of pure awesomeness produced by the boss-fight. Big enough?

Well it is a "mini"-mapping contest, so that sounds fine. In fact for this contest I think people would probably prefer the "short and sweet" dungeons to longer, grindy affairs.

I should probably finish my dungeon after I finalise this boss.

I will maybe drop, because of low time left, school traps, maps size is now 192x192 and not like empty space everything is filled well, but so much cinematics, and even more they should me skippeable, make prison, phases and for next two bosses, last boss many custom spells, phases, adding custom music fixing bugs, balancing, items, bla bla bla bla bla. My brain will excplode

Level 37
I will maybe drop, because of low time left, school traps, maps size is now 192x192 and not like empty space everything is filled well, but so much cinematics, and even more they should me skippeable, make prison, phases and for next two bosses, last boss many custom spells, phases, adding custom music fixing bugs, balancing, items, bla bla bla bla bla. My brain will excplode
Why make such a big project if there's no time?

I understand, thanks. About the tiger... Start channeling (F4) and then press F4 again. In the next version: Wyrm, improved Abomination, some more terrain and mana implemented.

EDIT: Added some more terrain, implemented mana, fixed jumping and movement so you can't jump trough walls anymore. Will post a new WIP tomorrow, after I finish creep upgrades.

Last edited:
Level 23
Another screen

UG2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.