• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Metamorphasis W/ Different Spells?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I've seen spells that turn your hero into a new unit (like metamorphasis) but instead of having their old skills there is a whole new set of skills in there place. I could easily do this with triggers but I'm just asking if there is a skill out there (that I haven't investigated yet) that does this automatically...

mmmm.. Laziness is the fuel for creativity!

(EDIT) I just tried making the spell in GUI and I got it to work but when the spell is over the heros origonal spells are not put back into place... ='(

Last edited:
Level 5
Tinkers up grade bug allows you to get different abilities I think. . . apart from that though I dont think there is any other spell that does that. . . then again. . . I swear that I have done what your trying to do. . .

Try metamoph, but give the unit your turning into differnt abilities?

Maybe Tinkers transform (note how he gets the heavy damage Vs building ability that he only has when transformed)

Hope this helps!

Level 9
Theres no way i know of to do this without triggers...

Iv done this before with on trigger and 4 invisible dummy hero abilities based of Channel.

Give all your dummy abilities to both units, as well as the visible unit abilities that are unique to each form. E.G Add 'Breath of Fire' to one unit and 'Breath of Frost' to the other ( make sure the corrosponding abilities are in the same slot ).

So now when you upgrade 'Breath of the elements' (E.G) if you are in fire form its breath of fire and so on.

Now add a trigger that has 'Unit Finishs Casting ability' as an event and 'AbilityBeingCast = Transform' as the condition.

Then add two "If/Then/Else"s with the condition of each if = to the unit type of each unit ( e.g fire Dragon ).

Then under actions simply add a few Set Level of Abilities = to the unit abilities. (e.g Set level of breath of Fire for Triggering unit = Level of Breath of the Elements for Triggering Unit)
Sorry but i dont have time to do this trigger.

Hope this helps and thanks, you gave me inspiration for a new hero for my Map.

Level 8
I'm pretty sure that bear form or crow form lets you do this, as there are separate faerie fire and roar abilities for each form. If they kept the same skills, you wouldn't really need separate abils, so I can only assume that the units do not retain their abilities as they transform...

You would need triggers to store levels of the abilities over the transformation, but the triggering is not at all complex. Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.