• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

melee madness 1.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
ummmmmmm its a melee map
Contents

melee madness 1.0 (Map)

Reviews
13:58, 17th Nov 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 8
ummmmmmm its a horrible empty, with very poor terrain, NO - melee map, because you edited items and units!

1/5 Vote for Rejection
Map reported

could just be a altered Melee Map...
just like "Battle for Outlands", which has altered all the races (human = blood elf, nightelf = draenei, etc.etc.)

anyhow, the amount of negative comments here doesn't really make me wanna test this.
also, gimme a good description instead of "ummmmm its a melee map."

Level 28
could just be a altered Melee Map...
just like "Battle for Outlands", which has altered all the races (human = blood elf, nightelf = draenei, etc.etc.)
And as we all know, an altered melee map is not a melee map.
Thus: it is not a melee map, point proven.

Most of the map is empty (nearly no doodads apart from the bad kind: cinematic doodads, no heigher/lower terrain), yet again the creeps and their drops are imbalanced (level 1 harpy drops an orb of frost), the starting locations are imbalanced (I'm pointing at the red starting location).

Level 28
even if its not classified as Melee by WE it can stil be a melee type game right?
There's only one possibility for that: incorrect starting locations (too close to a gold mine), this will keep the regular gameplay with all standard units, just a bit flawed (and it won't be classified as melee).
In all other cases it's altered melee.

They're two different things, that's why there are also two different types for it.
You must have the correct type in order for a map to get approved (otherwise people would search for melee and find a map with different races, edited units or whatever).

Level 8
There's only one possibility for that: incorrect starting locations (too close to a gold mine), this will keep the regular gameplay with all standard units, just a bit flawed (and it won't be classified as melee).
In all other cases it's altered melee.

They're two different things, that's why there are also two different types for it.
You must have the correct type in order for a map to get approved (otherwise people would search for melee and find a map with different races, edited units or whatever).

aah, i see. thnx for the info ^__^